Pastrana Leaves Subaru

stiXXX

<br />This is unfortunate, but I am not surprised. If he does even remotely well he can make enough to retire completely and just have fun for the rest of his days. <br /><br />

Like NASCAR or not, this stuff is his job and you would jump ship to make more money as well.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

After his NYE jump, you can be sure that Travis does this for shyts n' giggles, not cash. Thanks to giant balls, & red bull, he's been rich for a decade, lol!

XXX

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
The publicity stunt stuff is the only thing that brings in the $$. Rally pays little to nothing in reality.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
First thing I though was Chris Atkinson for SRT USA...but its not happening.

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
Personally I think that is completely dumb for him to do NASCAR I lost soooo much respect for him switching over. He has been my idol for so long and I got to meet him... anyone can go left. He is an amazingly talented driver and he can do great things. Why waste it on something as stupid and pointless as NASCAR. There is never any excitement beside the occasional crash. He is going to ruin his rep for doing this and its not like he is going to gain any more fans then he already has, I wouldn't be surprised if he lost some. I know he's lost 1... me. So Pastrana... you were my idol and I loved you, you were the whole reason for me wanting to do rally and now I have no ambition to do it.

GClark

Personally I think that is completely dumb for him to do NASCAR I lost soooo much respect for him switching over. He has been my idol for so long and I got to meet him... anyone can go left. He is an amazingly talented driver and he can do great things. Why waste it on something as stupid and pointless as NASCAR. There is never any excitement beside the occasional crash. He is going to ruin his rep for doing this and its not like he is going to gain any more fans then he already has, I wouldn't be surprised if he lost some. I know he's lost 1... me. So Pastrana... you were my idol and I loved you, you were the whole reason for me wanting to do rally and now I have no ambition to do it.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So much money in NASCAR.

I love rally, but if I was given the chance to do NASCAR, I totally would! Going 200+ mph and getting paid big bucks for it is my kind of job. He's done everything but rally, why not concur something new?

And go out and flog your car a bit before you swear off rally for ever.

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
Theres no skill in NASCAR I would rather do something fun and challenging and getting less money then doing something stupid and boring and getting more money. I wouldn't care how much I was getting as long as I was having fun. Plus he is already loaded, why give up something he loves just for more money. It makes no sense to me.

GClark

It does take skill to be in NASCAR, contrary to popular belief.

You have to be aware of 40+ other cars, control your car at 200mph, shift correctly, hit your marks on the corners, etc...

I'd say WRC drivers are better, but NASCAR isn't that easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
No but it takes WAAYYY more talent to do Rally, I feel like he's going to find NASCAR way to easy. I hope he quits and goes back to Rally, he's way to good for NASCAR.

Blue GT

No but it takes WAAYYY more talent to do Rally, I feel like he's going to find NASCAR way to easy. I hope he quits and goes back to Rally, he's way to good for NASCAR.
Listen I'm no nascar fan, but lets be honest here he's not going to dominate it like you think. A number of other drivers have tried to make the switch from f1 and cart with no luck, if were as easy as you make it sound i'd be driving the mardens chevy #32 at daytona next year.

On a side note, he will gain more fans in Nascar, maybe you haven't noticed, Nascar is kind of a big deal while rally isn't (in America). This is going to put him in front of more potential fans then rally ever could.

Also, if TP leaving the world of rally makes you not want to do it anymore, you never liked it in the first place. Come on man do stuff you like not what your "idol" likes.

Good news for you though, when you do get over this, Toyota will have a camry for sale with your name on it, maybe even a TP edition
default_banana.gif

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
Ok the fact that he races dirtbikes and has a TV show and has ben in the XGames for more then 1 thing means that pretty much everyone in America knows him. I still like rally just saying he was my insperation to do it and now that he's not doing it kinda sucks. I loved watching him race around in that Subie of his.

P.S. the only thing ill drive is a subie. No toyota for me. They do make nice cars though ill give them that.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Yeah, it kinda sucks to see one of the biggest names for rally racing in America go to another motorsport (one that not many of us like because it is seems to be the polar opposite of rally). That being said, its a good business move. His bank account will grow beyond anything that rally or his TV shows could offer. I'll admit that seeing him enter WRC like Block would have been really awesome though....just not going to happen.

Maybe this will open the door for some of the other competitors to step up and gain some more recognition!

Latest posts

Back