performance clutch

Meyagi

I'm a hack
you need about 10 grand +/- depending if you can do the work yourself. power is expensive in a subaru

sooch

Type-RA
3 ways to achieve that power in your forester

CHEAP AND RELIABLE

buy usdm 2.0 liter engine/harness/tranny. 

-merge wires, get new subframe and everything else will bolt in accordingly.

Pros:

-3-4k for parts etc

-easily tuned via AP or opensource

-230hp at the crank

-reliable

Cons:

-230hp at the crank (lol)

CHEAP AND POWERFUL

buy jdm 2.0 liter engine/harness/tranny OR front cut

-merge wires, bolt in no problem

Pros:

-sti version = 280-300hp at the crank

-forged internals on certain engines

-50-60k miles max on the motor

Cons:

-tuning is an issue

-recommended you rebuild the block just incase

-tough to find replacement parts

RELIABLE AND EXPENSIVE

buy usdm ej257 block merge wires and install

Pros:

-Stock Sti power out of the box

-relatively reliable

-can buy brand new

Cons:

Expensive as fudge if not done the right way

hopefully this is enough spoonfed material..

do your research on all three methods and see which one you like the most...

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
3 ways to achieve that power in your forester

RELIABLE AND EXPENSIVE

buy usdm ej257 block merge wires and install

Pros:

-Stock Sti power out of the box

-relatively reliable

-can buy brand new

Cons:

Expensive as fudge if not done the right way

hopefully this is enough spoonfed material..

do your research on all three methods and see which one you like the most...
 i wouldn't unless you are keeping it stock, and even so it's not the most reliable

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Buy a 2.0L Turbo motor or 2.5L Turbo from a reputable junkyard and slam it in there along with the appropriate trans, and go stage 2.  Don't try to make 350whp, just have 275-300 and be happy.  That's more power than you need, and more than enough to get anyone in trouble.  If you try and get more than 325whp out of these and want to daily drive it, you should really have forged internals and an upgraded turbo, fueling, etc...  Anything else is pushing it on shitty 91 octane.

Last edited by a moderator:

sooch

Type-RA
 i wouldn't unless you are keeping it stock, and even so it's not the most reliable
I think you are the only person to go through 4 ej257s
default_additional_sillylol.gif

300 is more than enough for a daily driver but I don't have a huge budget so I've gotta find the shit cheap
then go out buy a jdm ej20 for 2k, run it with mods and without a tune. Proceed to blow it up.

Matt

If it were me ,which it will be once I find motivation to finish mine I would go with a cheaper clutch so when the car makes a bagillion hp the clutch will fail prior to exploding a gear box.

There is a build thread of a guy on rs25 that boosted his stock ej251 to some pretty impressive numbers. Take a look at Mikey's monster wagon. Makes more hp than stage 2 wrx and he did that for cheap.

Cheap

Fast

Reliable

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I've made 210hp/210tq to the wheels out of an EJ205 with a TD04 turbo; My clutch setup is a stage two HD clutch, and streetlight flywheel, mated with an 01' RS 5 spd. box. My clutch setup may be overkill, but I didn't intend to blow up my trans either. I have had ZERO problems with the trans, probably because I always ride the clutch, and never launch the car. The only problems I've had with my clutch setup is the throwout bearing making noise, and the unit heating up from riding the clutch too much. The sort of power numbers you're aiming at are certainly high for someone who needs a recommendation on which clutch to get.

I suggest that you go here:

www.rs25.com/forums

I also suggest that you read that site front to back, like it were Catcher In The Rye in high school and your senior privileges depended on it.

madaff920

I'm looking for around 250 to the wheels and I've been on there before made a few posts from when I had my old 2.5 rs

i-wagon

3.0 swap or ej253 na and learn to drive it well. Allys 2.0 wrx isn't to much faster than my 2.5i

madaff920

Any thoughts on the 3.3L from the svx pros coins on those??

Any thoughts on the 3.3L from the svx pros cons on those??

Matt

Lol. Minor being very sarcastic. Basically finish wiring it up. Two wires left. Reinstall dash. Reassemble throttle body and other components. Build an exhaust and goooooo.

If you really are interested shoot me an offer. Cheaper than you may think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back