Performance Exhaust Advice

Amadore

Hey guys,

My Sube recently has started to have an exhaust leak. I jacked the car and isolated the leak to before and after the cat. Being a stock exhaust, I'm very much interested in putting a performance exhaust on there instead of just fixing the holes and waiting until it leaks somewhere else.

My question to all of you is what do you suggest for an exhaust? It's a 2000 obs, and after about an hour of web searching, the ONLY exhaust system I can find is this one: Borla

Have you guys had any experience with Borla? If so, is this a good price for what I'm getting?

Also, have I overlooked other brands that make exhausts for my year and would fit?

Thanks in advance guys
default_smile.png

-Andre

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
There is also Stromung too. Both are pricey. You won't see any real power gain from any performance exhaust on a non turbo car. But they will be stainless and hold up well. Tsudo makes an exhaust to fit your car as well, but the quality isn't as good. And keep in mind that you have single exhaust ports on your 2.2 motor, so finding an aftermarket header to fit your car will be a real challenge. You might be better off having an exhaust shop make one for you.

i-wagon

show up at a shop with a stainless dynomax ultra flo, have them build the rest including a UEL header, whatever is cheapest for a new cat and maybe a resonator. 2.5 inch should bee plenty of flow and sound decenT on that rig, and then as dan said, learn to drive it faster

Amadore

My intention is not to increase my power, just looking for a good, solid exhaust. If it sounds good, that's a bonus. Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll look into your suggestions.

Latest posts

Back