Possible Help on EWG

07UGM_TR

hey guys its been awhile since i have posted and what not, but last friday i purchased a grimmspeed EWG UP, and a tial 38 mm WG(v-band)...didn't know how hard it was to tune for something like this, i also have a perrin EBCS which is not installed yet, but was told that this would help out a considerable amount....if its something easy enough for someone here mb to do instead of driving and paying 400-450 for a tune at a shop, since money is a bit tight right now, i could throw in some beer and pizza, of course drink after everything is worked out.....but anyhelp would be appriecated

-Erik

Nate

Founding Father
I have the same setup right now. I also have a Perrin EBCS that I bought, but its sitting there doing nothing. Im working with a tuner that prefers manual boost controllers to control EWG. From what Ive been through in the last couple of months, be prepared for some work, and dont expect it to be all to be done in one day. Have the install done on a day when you have time to run to NAPA for tons of rubber hoses. You will be swapping them out and changing the setup more then once.

Good luck, Its awesome when its all worked out.

07UGM_TR

huh, which tuner are you working with?, i called ESP today, and he says the opposite about EBCS and the MBC i guess its prefrence..

Nate

Founding Father
Yah Im guessing its tuner preference. that's why Im holding on to the EBCS incase I end up someplace else for tuning.

Right now I have been e-tuning with BrenTuning. But it requires an amount of work on your part, with data logging and such.

07UGM_TR

i see, well i'm sure everything will work out in the end. hopefully its worth it, the videos i've been watching def make it seem worth it, i'll keep you posted on how everything goes!!

dflwrx

Hey guys, I'm currently running a Tial 38mm on my rotated setup. I've controlled it with both an upgraded EBCS (GM 3 port, performs similarily to the Grimmspeed) and with an MBC, both on the stock ECU.

The nice thing with the MBC is that you just set it and forget it, you don't have to tune any of the boost control tables in the ECU, however you will get more accurate and reliable boost control with the EBCS if you/your tuner spend the time to tune it correctly. My suspicion is that the tuner you're Email tuning with prefers the MBC method simply because it's quicker and easier, especially when tuning via email. Obviously the MBC method works (I'm running it on my car at the moment), but you do seem to get more boost creep in the higher gears with the MBC. I've been meaning to convert back to the GM 3 port, but I haven't had the time lately. Your specific setups will require some trial and error to get them dialed in just right, but it's definitely possible to successfully control an EWG with the stock ECU and an EBCS.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back