power steering pump

scooby RS

while putting new head gaskets in, we were putting the motor back together and my pal stripped the threads on the pressure side of the power steering pump, and i need one bad. i'm getting quoted upwards of 300 dollars. just seeing if someone has one kicking around there not using around the bangor area. let me know as soon as possible, i appreciate it. oh yah its going on a 2000 impreza RS you can also call me at 631-0520

boxer3main

<1.8 liter

my god. find a blown engine comeplete with power steering already on it.

crazy as $160 for a 2 foot long sway bar.

legacy/impreza can hack stuff from gl/loyale.. the pullies changed and tank looks different for some. worth a thought possibly. I thnik I spotted this on "usmb" a few years ago. especially older legacy, they seem to go older and newer at the same time.

I think I have 3 of the pumps...at least two...

they never die.
default_smile.png

can ya machine the original?

300 is way out there.

rockauto has them at 180.. that ain't bad. the impreza version looks bigger in the photos anyway.

edit 2: legacy loyale gl go together, impreza on its own. looks like longer belt shaft.

Last edited by a moderator:

spartan5

Hey lemme check the bucket o' parts that is my other block,I gotta pick it up this weekend,so if I have one,I'll hook you up....no promises tho!

scooby RS

i ended up finding the part off a outback wagon my pal blew up last year. and no i coudln't really machine it cause there pipe thread.. i could have possibly cut the first two threads out completely and crossed my fingers it would thread back in. that was next on the list haha. anywho, i got the part for 10 bucks. so i'm pretty pumped. i'm gunna throw up a picture of a vacuum line at some point, its the only vacuum line i got left after putting the motor back in.... its on the passenger side of the intake mani, small line, no idea where it goes... i guess i could look at that outback i robbed the pump part off of. if ya have any ideas throw em out there, any suggestions is better then vacuum leak.

inski

its not the coolant hose off the throttle body? Also theres a long hose that goes to the pass. side strut tower for some EVAP doodad depending on which year

scooby RS

no sir, its like 3/16ths line, just vacuum. i gotta put up pictures like i said when i realize how to. and build the ambition.

Latest posts

Back