Price Of Ac Unit?

Vertigo101

Once you go Subaru nothing else is the same
Hey guys where can I look to buy a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS AC unit? mine has no ac in it and I was thinking about saving after I get my wheels this June.

Matt

just need the compressor or does it need the condensor/lines and other such parts.....junkyard if you want to go cheap or just buy it new from a parts store like napa...dont forget itll need a rehcarge either way...it will get expensive

Vertigo101

I think I need the compressor. I will take a look tomorrow to see if the lines are there

Iboc_C64

I think you need everything. The entire AC system is gone. If I were you I would not worry about it. If you fix it, it will just brake down and need replacing in a few years or less anyway. Plus you gain a few extra horsepower by not having it. You would need the compressor, all the lines, the evaporator and everything else associated with it. The person who owned it before you probably took it out because all of them needed replacing anyway. You really can't fix AC parts, only replace them and once one part needs replacing, really it all will need replacing soon after. Am I right guys?

Matt

no, subaru ac parts are generally very reliable, ive only seen a handful of compressors seize up....but sitting in a junkyard wont do them any good, buy new if you're going to do it...the amount of hp gained from losing the compressor is so small youd never notice the diff....take a look and see if you at least have the condensor and high pressure/low pressure lines....or just take a few pics of you're engine bay and well let you know

Iboc_C64

Vertigo, you should go take some engine pics. I know the compressor is gone, im pretty sure the lines were removed and the reciever canister is gone. I don't even think the radiator like part (Condensor) is still in there. The only remaining part I believe would be the Evaporator in the dash and even that may have been removed. The only remnants are the harness connections for the AC system and the straps that use to hold the canister in behind the engine on the passenger side.

Vertigo101

DCP_1093.jpg
DCP_1090.jpg
DCP_1089.jpg
DCP_1088.jpg

DCP_1091.jpg

Iboc_C64

The badge isn't. a lot of your car isn't stock. Its been upgraded & modified by so many people, hard to tell what is stock unless you know a lot about the 2.5RS.

sooch

Type-RA
I've got ac stuff you can buy. I don't know which parts you need exactly, but I'm pretty sure I've got everything... get at me!

Latest posts

Back