Problem with brake light.

Runnah

My driver's side brake light goes out when I hit the brakes. The regular driving lights stay on fine.

I've check the fuse, bulb an dlooked to see if there were any obvious issues with the wires.

Any more suggestions?

R

redlinerally

When did this start? Was it random, or after you did something else to the car?

seph

sounds like a grounding problem. I had a similar problem w/ my Saab...I'd put on the brakes and some lights would go out and some would come on...

Runnah

Well the plot thickens. I noticed that the brakes lights work fine when the headlights are off. Turn them on, and out goes the driver's side.

Kathy - I didn't see any weird grounding issues.

I'm thinking relay might be bad?

???

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Replace the bulb. Check the other side too. The one on the left can cause a problem on the right. Spend the $1.99. It sounds like you have a bulb that in internally shorted. Don't start chasing relays and wiring until you've TRIED NEW bulbs.

Runnah

sounds like a job for...Circuit Tester Man!

make sure he has a wiring diagram at hand.
I think so.

Also it seems like the driver's side is dim (not the driver ;D).

Rightseat

do you turn signal relay clickers make the standard rhythm noise, or do they clik-clik-clik quick when you signal on the affected side. the turn signal relay can tell you where the problem is.

Runnah

do you turn signal relay clickers make the standard rhythm noise, or do they clik-clik-clik quick when you signal on the affected side. the turn signal relay can tell you where the problem is.

Nope sounds normal. I've since checked all the fuses under the dash and under the hood, no luck.

Runnah

Arggh!

Still no luck!

Any electrical wizzzzards want to lend me a hand in chasing down this gremlin?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
see Reply #8 above

tester is $10 @ Radio Shack
West Marine is even cheaper. I picked up a Continuity tester and a circuit tester last night for $4.00 ea!!

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Yah eva come to Auburn? I'd do it at mah house. I'm just off the Auburn turnpike exit and I've been trained in electrical.

R

redlinerally

Sorry... can't resist the urge...

IT'S ELECTRIC! BOOGIE-OOGIE-OOGIE!!!

Latest posts

Back