Product Review: Brown Royal wheel cleaner. (aka the bee's)

boxerboost

(if this is the wrong area for the subject, please feel free to move accordingly!)

Recently, I had the misfortune of having a caliper seize on me and unfortunately it didn't seize up in a manner that I really noticed until it was too late, I had slagged brake dust right into my newly acquired gold Advan.

The wheel basically got ruined. Looking at it, one would assume it had to be completely refinished. I turned to the Autopia forums to see what those blessed detailing nerds had to suggest for extreme situations and found a bunch of testimonial for Brown Royal Wheel Cleaner, by FlashWax. The product ships to your house with a labeled spray bottle (optional) for under $50 for a gallon of the concentrate. Even at a strong 1:1 dilution, you're already saving a load compared to over-the-counter products like A2Z.

Here are my absolutely terrible before pics:
2h7o1m1.jpg

Yes, I'm an idiot for noticing this before it was "too late."

hvqt11.jpg

So much bake.
default_frown.gif

While this product is suggested to be used with a power/high pressure wash, I just had my garden hose available, so these after photos are still very impressive to me.

If the product kicked this much butt on my beat to hell wheel, imagine what it can do for your normal brake dust! (my other 3 wheels look like they're brand new.)

2nso239.jpg

So much better!!!

inh2xj.jpg

Still need to give them another pass with a brush to take care of the tight corners and the drums.

The pictures pretty much speak for themselves, this product is amazing and actually costs less than all of the inferior products I've tried in the past.
The chemical is alkaline based instead of acid based like most. The company states it's safe for all wheels types.

jojo69

glad to hear i'm not the only autopian out there!
default_wink.png
Seems to work really well. The 1st time around, did you agitate the product or use brushes to get the dust out? Or was it a simple spray on & let sit then wash with hoze?

Last edited by a moderator:

boxerboost

The product calls to spray it on, let it set for ~2m and then spray it off. I lightly agitated with a brush. I think in order to get the corners I'm probably going to have to scrub pretty aggressively with a bent out tooth brush or something.

Latest posts

Back