Pulling the trigger!!

BluWRX02

So the day has arrived and Im going to be pulling the trigger on my new power set-up. Im purchasing an FP 68hta, new air inlet, kartboy shifter and bushings. Only thing I may need to do in the future will be upgrade my 650cc injectors to 800-850cc. I plan on having everything tuned by Bren and will be interested and gitty like a little school girl to see how the car makes what for power. So with that being said I will have my SBR super 16g and utec with remote switch for sale if you know anyone interested. Stay tuned for updates to come!!

diabloadsit

You might want to think twice about the FP turbo's. Go with a Blouch. Just ask anyone on the iwsti.com or stinate or myself. If I could doit all over again Blouch. I have heard some many awsome reviews about them that you would be hard pressed not to go with them for a turbo. One member had a problem with there 3.0 turbo sent it back and was inquiring about the new 3.0 xtr turbo they just released. Well instead of sending him an older model 3.0 that one upped and sent the Xtr at no charge cause he was asking about it. Know that is customer service!

BluWRX02

but in terms of comparison you cant compare the new fp 68hta to the evo III 16g im thinking of my long term goal. When the car is finally paid off it will have a built block and the fp will be the turbo that will be the last one I have in it. I will run out of power with the evo III.. also I dont have $1800 to drop on Blouch. I have the jdm Wrx motor so it has higher hp, higher compression and forged internals. Pat im going to buy a replacement diapraghm that's all that can go bad in a wastegate and luckily found a site that sells em for 50 bucks so Ill replace it even if its not broken.

diabloadsit

No what I am trying to say is if you are wanting to have a turbo that is going to last then rethink getting the FP. I have 40k on my FP and I guess that is a miracle compared to what most of them last. If you want it to be the last turbo you ever put on get a better brand.

Plus, think of the tranny you do have one that is known to be made of twigs and berrys, lol. Not bashing your car just stating a well know fact that the wrx engine is know to be very brittle that's all.

BluWRX02

No need for transmission took care of it last year. Replaced with a fresh one newly rebuilt with less than 10k...

diabloadsit

nice! I assume you have a 255lph fuel pump already with the 16g and the 650cc's you already have. You should be good with some 800cc. Give you some wiggle room over what you have now.

patsti

NitrousFed
his car is already built and tuned... his wastegate has been messed up(or something with the tune)... He has all the supporting mods... It is just time to upgrade. Lots of stuff done to this lil car.

BluWRX02

So ive been going back and forth for awhile between FP and Blouch and for the goals im looking for the FP is the way to go. I drive my car like a granny anyways i dont race light to light. In all of my research I haven't found anybody unhappy with the FP granted it is a newer turbo but Ive only heard great things about it.

Latest posts

Back