Question!!!!!

Sophal0303

Alright, has anyone used fuel system cleaner that you just pour into your gas tank? I used it for my previous cars but didn't know if it would make a difference or harm my STI if I used it. I don't know if the turbo or anything else in the motor would be affected or not.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
When I first got my car I replaced the plugs, wires, air filter, and filled it up with high octain and added injector cleaner. It ran better after that. I bet all of those things helped it to run better / clean it out... I dunno, but it worked.

inski

Sophal we used Wynn's PowerTune, which is basically a can of pressurized Wynns VICs, like you guys use. But Wynns just used up all their PowerTune and isn't making any more, so now we're using the VICs hooked up inline with the fuel lines, like you have used all along....except we have the nice Wynns aluminum can and hose system and you have the NAPA one that never works.
default_confused.gif
default_frown.gif
Run it at idle til its empty. Honestly I don't think any WRX or STi will ever need this stuff until you have 90+k on the clock.

Sophal0303

Sophal we used Wynn's PowerTune, which is basically a can of pressurized Wynns VICs, like you guys use. But Wynns just used up all their PowerTune and isn't making any more, so now we're using the VICs hooked up inline with the fuel lines, like you have used all along....except we have the nice Wynns aluminum can and hose system and you have the NAPA one that never works.
default_additional_iam.gif
default_wink.png
Run it at idle til its empty. Honestly I don't think any WRX or STi will ever need this stuff until you have 90+k on the clock.
Yeah, i just didn't know if it would affect the car in anway cause of the turbo, but it's cool. We actually have an aluminum one that's working all the time now. haha.

Latest posts

Back