Rallispec Block is in the CAR!!!

diabloadsit

Well Lobstah and I have been working on my car since Tuedsay trying to get the new built block in the car. We just got done a few hours ago. Car is running like a champ.

We hit a few snags on the way. One of the studs for the exhaust on the heads got siezed up. We were able to drill the stud then we used a EZ Out which turned out not to be to easy. She sheared off flush into the head. We got lucky my uncle has a MAC set of Ti nitride cobolt grinder bits. I used my dremal and we were able to clean up the hold then throw in a helcoil into the head and fixed it. Next the trann and engine were being a pain to mate up.

But all in all she is good. Putting the car back togeather we found that my drivers side Group N engine mount decided to off it self at some point. So thanks to Jcovey (which he doesn't know about) he had a new set waiting to go into his car so I (borrowed) his drivers side. Yes Jcovey I will get you a new one.

You can really feel the diffrence with that

Then the Kart boy front/rear shifter bushings went in and nice what a diffrence.

I am really happy with it all. No leaks or nothing.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Nice!! Congrats. Good to hear you got it all done. Looked like you were having such a good time this morning!!! Good to meet you

Ryan

Let the break in begin........... as my break in ends
default_idk.gif

diabloadsit

Above^^^ My new wrench for the AVCS in action. Man did she work well. Also, the heads as you can see were so clean. You can tell I changed my oil offen. Pistons don't look to bad either.

diabloadsit

Also, Sergei and his valve lapping special. The valve heads on Number 3 and 4 cylinder were pretty bad from the massive blowby on the oil. Problem ended up being my piston rings were fried. I ended up breaking the rings they were so brittle. Needless to say I have some pistons for sale that are in good condition.

jcovey2.5

Haha you friggen guys!! What would you do without me!? Your lucky I'm a nice guy
default_idk.gif

At least the motor mount was all you took!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Haha you friggen guys!! What would you do without me!? Your lucky I'm a nice guy
default_idk.gif
At least the motor mount was all you took!
I "borrowed" your 6 spd.........

diabloadsit

dont worry jcovey. was just the driver side mount I took. Monday I will get ahold of K-dice and get you a new one on order. Thank God you had them there. Mine was like done done. Dont know how I killed a Group N mount in like 50k miles. This is what happens when your car sits for 3 months in someone else's garage in 10,000 pieces.

jcovey2.5

dont worry jcovey. was just the driver side mount I took. Monday I will get ahold of K-dice and get you a new one on order. Thank God you had them there. Mine was like done done. Dont know how I killed a Group N mount in like 50k miles. This is what happens when your car sits for 3 months in someone else's garage in 10,000 pieces.
Its cool glad I could help. Believe me I wish it was done by now! Now I have to wait on the machine shop...

jcovey2.5

Haha, I didn't feel like breaking my back loading it up today.........so for now you're safe!!!!
Haha I know right, that thing weighs a ton! Should have seen me and two other guys trying to get it in the back of the wagon while the motor was in there too!!

Latest posts

Back