Rally Mexico

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
After Day One, Ken Block is sitting in 10th overall at 4:33:30 behind Petter Solberg...not too bad for his first WRC event in a car he has hardly driven.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
there's a good thread on nasioc with stage times and whatnot:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=1942286

Petter's in the lead after day 1, Block hasn't crashed, Kimi has

Block 'stoked' after day one in the WRC
Monster World Rally Team driver Ken Block says he is pleasantly surprised by his first day of WRC competition today which ended with him holding tenth place overall in Rally Mexico.

The American extreme sports star finished inside the top ten on all but two of Friday's nine stages and despite losing time after hitting a rock in the afternoon, he ended the day 13.5sec adrift of experienced WRC competitor Federico Villagra in ninth.

"When I got to the end of the first stage, and I was told my time in comparison to the other drivers, I asked if they were joking," Block told wrc.com. "Alex Gelsomino and I were ninth fastest on that stage. I even surprised myself. I

Impreza05

default_additional_rallydrive.gif
default_smile.png

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
^alla that

WRC seems a lot more relevant now that there's Yanquis doing well in it -- well, one Yanqui and one Italian in a Ford built in England.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
^alla that
WRC seems a lot more relevant now that there's Yanquis doing well in it -- well, one Yanqui and one Italian in a Ford built in England.
Is that why they call it the World Rally Championship?

HAHAHA

ReZPunK

day 2 Block has stopped on stage..no details yet. not looking good for KB. hope everyone is ok.

Ty Ty

Looks like he got the car going again, he's posting stage times. They're 5 minutes off the pace...but at least he's moving.

Or is that just some silly thing WRC does with DNF's? It shows Sordo and Wilson back in it too...

Last edited by a moderator:

gakosaurusrex

ken blocks nasty and i must say the ford has some nice lines to it that front end is beefy! is it a auto something? cuz the shifter in the video looks realy weird? and r they trying twin turbo in this one? anyone?

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Its a like the best manumatic transmission ever made...no clutch work after you get going with launch control...up and down shift with just a flick of your fingers....I don't know about a twin turbo though, maybe?

gakosaurusrex

i dont know much about Fords. The fiesta has some cool stufff like that trany! that leads me to the ? about suspension in it. this is the second time ive herd of suspension problims what kind of suspension dose ford use? independent rear?

Ty Ty

Eh, it wasn't the back, he damaged the front. Slid off the road under braking and hit a rock face.

4415874506_6e932aa6d9_o.jpg

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Block is running a Focus WRC in the world rally events, and a Fiesta here in the states....paint scheme looks similar but don't confuse the two.

Focus WRC has a sequential electronically controlled sequential gearbox. susp is 4-wheel independent with Reiger or Ohlins dampers that are super beefy like 65mm strut bodies & coilover springs with remote reservoirs to keep the strut fluid from overheating on long stages.

Fiesta is similar susp setup, but a more 'normal' dogbox trans w/sequential shifting but no electronics involved. you start moving with a clutch like a normal 5MT, but then it's just bam-bam-bam up or down.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Looks like he got the car going again, he's posting stage times. They're 5 minutes off the pace...but at least he's moving.
Or is that just some silly thing WRC does with DNF's? It shows Sordo and Wilson back in it too...
The way WRC's SupeRally rules are, you get top time +5 minutes... so he wasnt moving, they just get a bogey time

Back