Rally-x October 9th

GClark

Kind of surprised I didn't see it here.

There's a rallyx going on the 9th in Lyman

http://www.ner.org/forums/index.php/topic,1461.0.html

Pretty short notice, I only saw it posted on nes a couple days ago. Fairly certain I'll be there for this.

For some of you that haven't ever rallyxed your car, do it. It's a ton of fun and you'll get your subaru wicked dirty!
default_additional_roflmao.gif

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Fanboi!
default_biggrin.png
but Lyman is fun, I've ran there twice.... once last fall (before the transmission failure) and then in the winter.. The course is pretty car safe.... but like any grassy event, anything can happen... had a VW Roll last weekend in Rhode Island due to a tire going flat.. and it was the same conditions.. but its fun..

RallyCat

had a VW Roll last weekend in Rhode Island due to a tire going flat.. and it was the same conditions..
It was a bit more than just "a tire going flat" that caused that one. Try a very aggressive driving style, wide into the corner, completely sideways into the loose sod combined with low tire pressures causing the left rear to debead and dig in. The inside wheels lifted, driver came off the gas and never counter-steered, and over it went. Basically everything that could have been done or could have gone wrong, did.

Moral of the story is, know the surface you are racing on - loose heavy sod surfaces are not the best places to drive with a really tail happy approach to entering corners.

RallyCat

WWKBD? What would Ken Block do?

Ken would have been on the proper line, never would have lifted, would have counter-steered, and would have had no issues.
default_smile.png

BTW, it's looking good for the Merkur to finally have proper gravel suspension on all four corners for this event!!! No more "low-rider" look.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Rallytech14

haha, i love rally, ive ****ed around with my subie on wet pavement and thrown it around a little on gravel.

1) can i go and spectate this

2) how much is entry

3) would it be wise yo do this with aaalll stock suspension

Rallytech14

ohh cool

i dont reallly have the cash to for that right now, but id love to stop bye and see what its all about. i live in saco and will be around arundel saturday

internalcombust

Looked like lots of fun. I hope to get to one now that I have RallyCats old wagon.

Oh, and Pedro congrats on the family addition! Kids r fun.

Latest posts

Back