Rear Diff not Engaing at all

SheepDog2007

This mornign it was -25 at my house, My '06 outback 2.5i limited started a little hard and I let it warm up for about 20 minutes before leaving for work. I noticed on my way in that if I hit the throttle on a snoy road it ould feel like it was just spinning. I work at camp keyes in augusta and have to go up the huge hill to get there and this is when i knew there was an issue. I spun taking off from the stop light and barely made it up the hill. Once up the hill I went to a secluded area and spun the front tires will looking out teh door to the back and the rear wheels were not engaing at all. When parked last night everything was working perfectly, is this coold weather related or something else.  

I have to go to boston on the tenth and need to get this fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Is it an automatic or a 5speed? If it's an auto, check for TCU fault codes, and make sure the fluid is at the proper level.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
manuals have a viscous center diff aka only way it disengages is if its broken. nothing to do with ebrake

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
What was I thinking had a ebrake disconnect then

The STi has some wizardry with the DCCD and the hand brake. And maybe the autos do something different with the rear transfer clutches. But the normal awd 5speed is mechanical.

Latest posts

Back