Rear Struts

Lawdawg

WTF. I have an 05 STi with 19K on it and take pretty good care of it. My rear struts are absolutely f'ed. They make all manner of noise going down the road--ratta tat tat---clunky--you name it. Sounds like something banging around in the trunk.

Here's the kicker. When I come to a stop some times, when at a complete stop, the car sometimes just settles at the rear about half an inch to an inch or so--almost like there is not enough weight--then the struts settle out...

IMO SOA inverted struts suck. :-

Lawdawg

WTF. I have an 05 STi with 19K on it and take pretty good care of it. My rear struts are absolutely f'ed. They make all manner of noise going down the road--ratta tat tat---clunky--you name it. Sounds like something banging around in the trunk.

Here's the kicker. When I come to a stop some times, when at a complete stop, the car sometimes just settles at the rear about half an inch to an inch or so--almost like there is not enough weight--then the struts settle out...

IMO SOA inverted struts suck. :-

mikebike357

Petty, the guy selling the RS/WRX swap, has an 05 STi that had the same problem. Struts were replaced under warranty. The problem comes back though and last time I talked to him he said he fixed it with a little WD-40.

mikebike357

Petty, the guy selling the RS/WRX swap, has an 05 STi that had the same problem. Struts were replaced under warranty. The problem comes back though and last time I talked to him he said he fixed it with a little WD-40.

Rightseat

check to see if there's a TSB on this issue.

DMS won't do that..........

DG

Rightseat

check to see if there's a TSB on this issue.

DMS won't do that..........

DG

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I'm quite certain thier is a bulletin on it. I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know. Anything under warranty shouldn't piss you off. Just get it fixed for free....

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I'm quite certain thier is a bulletin on it. I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know. Anything under warranty shouldn't piss you off. Just get it fixed for free....

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa

mikebike357

You're a high rollin' celebrity lawyer... weren't you on the OJ case with Johnny Cochran? Pony-up and get the coil-overs. ;D ;D ;D

mikebike357

You're a high rollin' celebrity lawyer... weren't you on the OJ case with Johnny Cochran? Pony-up and get the coil-overs. ;D ;D ;D

mikebike357

mikebike357

Lawdawg

I work in Maine. It's the way life should be--no $$$.
default_frown.gif

Latest posts

Back