Rear Struts

Lawdawg

I work in Maine. It's the way life should be--no $$$.
default_frown.gif

Rightseat

Dawg, DMS 50s would make your nice STI ride like a buckboard on the street. you wouldn't be happy with them unless you were flying down some wiggly dirt road going at least 50......

but DMS 40s, now you're talking.

if you dump the STI stockers let me know, Lucifer the REx waggie is due new struts.

DG

Lawdawg

Dawg, DMS 50s would make your nice STI ride like a buckboard on the street. you wouldn't be happy with them unless you were flying down some wiggly dirt road going at least 50......

but DMS 40s, now you're talking.

if you dump the STI stockers let me know, Lucifer the REx waggie is due new struts.

DG
Soooo.... you're saying I would be happy with them
default_frown.gif

Understood--I guess in the back of my mind, particularly in light of the pgt rally car build article in subiesport, I am slowly starting to formulate a plan to build a more focused car, realizing that there will be compromises as long as it also serves as a daily driver. So any part is considered in light of future use on the course (read, after warranty).

Suspension and brakes first--the brembos are too big to run anything but tarmac, and I learned at Oniel's that even with new snows on, they just do not work well in the snow (too wide a foot print I think). So, grpn brakes and sell brembos and sell STi struts and replace with coilovers is the plan. Execution is a little in the future, but you have dibs on the struts/springs.

I am officially starting the Dawg rally car build fund. Donations to be taken at next monthly meet--tax deductible (I will be starting a non-profit)
default_frown.gif

Latest posts

Back