Recommend me a new DD

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Here's the deal guys. In order to beat the living piss out of the RS at racing events, I'm going to need something that I can rely on 100% on for long trips and as a DD. That way if I blow into the woods with the RS I can still get to work.

I've tried two damn times with the 05LGT and the 99 Cherokee and both motors have gone tits up in under three months.

Recommend me a new DD. I'm DD'ing the RS just fine, but my plans for it outgrow DD status :evil: So I need something else.

This is where you ding dongs come in. Post cars I should buy, I don't give a flying LOVE what they are. This thread could turn into 10 pages of PT Cruiser links or you could give actually non-bs recommendations, I don't really care either way. Let loose and post some car links, ironic or not.

i-wagon

I gots no links... but if you cam afford an 05ish tc they're pretty nice. Perky, handle like gokarts and toyota reliability

fattie

fat kid
a 03-07 focus with the duratec engine. ive got 155k on mine and this is what ive HAD to replace.

motor mount , battery , alternator , serp belt , front brakes , tires.

car has a decent amount of torque , I haul a 4x8 trailer loaded to the brim all the time , lots of out of state trips , and the car just keeps going. decent gas mileage. only downside is the engine bay is kinda cramped and my particular car eats tires like crazy , I go through atleast 2 new sets a year.

check out focusfanatics.com to learn more. these are awesome little cars. not to mention when you add a nice stiff suspension and sways etc... these cars handle AMAZING

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2406302103.html

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2388484081.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Ty Ty

I like the first two suggestions. If you don't mind fwd, a tC or a Fucus would be a nice reliable DD. Hell, if you can swing payments, you can get a nice 2012 Fucus for around $20k or less.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Ok so sadly I can't find one for sale under an exorbitant price.... But keep on DDing the RS and get a Lancia Delta Integrale for rally.

End of thread.

Back