Redline Rallycross

katnip

the car is black. I swear
That's right folks, the two day event in Union, Maine is upon us >
default_biggrin.png
As usual it will be a Saturday and Sunday, October 13 and 14th to be exact. This year Redline Rally http://www.redlinerally.com/ is the sponsor for this event!!!! Thanks Jeremy!!!!!! Please contact Redline Rally Decals and Vinyl Graphics for your permanent number plates for next season.

As in the past, Saturday is a points event day and Sunday will be a play day. Borrow a car or just get lots of seat time in your our ride. Reg forms will be online soon!

The Farigrounds suffered a lot of flooding damage during the April floods, so the entrance may be in a little different place and will be ONE lane, so be careful coming and going. Even with the floods they have not asked for an increase in the site rental fees, so I am going to have a donation jar available all weekend. That way when we send the thank you letter after the event, we can send a little something extra along as a thank you from the club. A little PR goes a long way!!! We like this site and want to keep it!!

Now all you Mainah's with tarmac queens better show up to spectate and to go for rides with those of us with jimmies enough to spank our scoobies in the dirt
default_biggrin.png
>
default_biggrin.png
>
default_biggrin.png
>
default_biggrin.png
>
default_biggrin.png

johnny6speed

Id love to try it on Sunday, can I whore some seat time with someone's dirt machine? I have a soft underbelly and can bring baked goods.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

inski

I have to work Saturday, but will see if I can russle up a car for Sunday. If the kid gets his license we will bring his Golf, if he doesn't I dont know what I'll do. The RS spring-strut combo is way too mushy for rally-x. KYB GR2s=blek!

Only got a month to figure it all out. :-

katnip

OH yeah, pitch a tent and have a blast. I think there will be a bunch of folks camping out.

kat

Ty Ty

I'll camp, ala' folding the rear seat down and putting a sleeping bag in the back of the Jeep. ;D

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Already made my hotel Reservations.... I'll be there with my new Sube....
default_biggrin.png
which survived a rough trip to Rallye Defi this past weekend, with a exciting trip to a Fuel stop up in the stages of the rally.. lets just say, Im glad I had my skid plate on, and know how to handle dirt roads at speeds..
default_biggrin.png

inski

I was going to bring the kid to this one for his first rally-x. But the car we were going to use needs a few repairs.

akinaspeedstar

i was on the fence, but im defanatly going for at least one day. im not driving my car with a autox the weekend following theres just not enought time to get the car prepaired for both. so im gonna go watch and hopefully catch a few rides here and there if i can.

EvilAsPie

Just in case people are wondering i did not buy a rallyx car with out plans to rallyx it. As some of you may know shorty after buying the leggosauris i proceeded to have issues with the FCD/Pressure sensors/ECU combo (if anyone is really interested there is a whole thread about it on the legacy BBS, http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=32464). The issue has been resolved and i have been driving it to work for about 3 week straight. Unfortunately since then she hasn't been idling correctly. I need to find some time it check everything over, i'm sure the plugs are not healthy after what it was put through.

She also has an exhaust leak, a ripped CV boot (with a dieing CV joint), she's in dire need of brake work, and at least a rear sway. She's not really race worthy IMO. And sadly my garage is full of a torn apart obs at the moment

Not to mention my wife works the saturdays before and after this and we have autox on the sundays before and after this so this will be our only weekend to get stuff done around the house, including clearing out the garage.

Do not fret the leggo will make a return, i'm planning to do some winter rallyxs and if funds are available i would love to do a Team O'Neil winter driving school, since i do have a set of studded snow for her.

Have fun out there everyone.

HR radness

His royal radness
RUN IT

The harder you beat her the faster she will go ;D

check out all the nuts on the back side of that downpipe. I took that thing off and on a gajillion times. They prolly need retorquing

EvilAsPie

I checked that out before the fuel cut issue, turns out it's the up pipe that's leaking at the turbo. I got new gaskets for both since i have to pull both anyway. She'll be good as new soon enough. O0

katnip

i was on the fence, but im defanatly going for at least one day. im not driving my car with a autox the weekend following theres just not enought time to get the car prepaired for both. so im gonna go watch and hopefully catch a few rides here and there if i can.
not enough time to prepare for both,
default_biggrin.png
default_redface.gif
you don't have to do anything different to run the rx ??? got a pair of snows on dedicated rims??? bring em, slap em on and race that thing. >
default_redface.gif
>
default_smile.png
>
default_biggrin.png

katnip

Just in case people are wondering i did not buy a rallyx car with out plans to rallyx it. As some of you may know shorty after buying the leggosauris i proceeded to have issues with the FCD/Pressure sensors/ECU combo (if anyone is really interested there is a whole thread about it on the legacy BBS, http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=32464). The issue has been resolved and i have been driving it to work for about 3 week straight. Unfortunately since then she hasn't been idling correctly. I need to find some time it check everything over, i'm sure the plugs are not healthy after what it was put through.

She also has an exhaust leak, a ripped CV boot (with a dieing CV joint), she's in dire need of brake work, and at least a rear sway. She's not really race worthy IMO. And sadly my garage is full of a torn apart obs at the moment

Not to mention my wife works the saturdays before and after this and we have autox on the sundays before and after this so this will be our only weekend to get stuff done around the house, including clearing out the garage.

Do not fret the leggo will make a return, i'm planning to do some winter rallyxs and if funds are available i would love to do a Team O'Neil winter driving school, since i do have a set of studded snow for her.

Have fun out there everyone.
that just not an excuse, I work the same Saturday's. Getting things done at home is highly over rated.
default_biggrin.png

see you sometime!

Latest posts

Back