removing center console...'05 wrx

R

rallyXcramps

I can do it but it would be impossible for me to tell someone how to do it. If you post a picture I can circle things and point out important stuff.

R

redlinerally

The console should have about 6 clips you need to remove. A flathead screwdriver does the trick. Just don't pry too hard, as they tend to snap with too much pressure. Tread slowly, and carefully.

sjaz

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Ok here are some pics...hope this helps...thanks!!!

So these clips of which you speak Redline... will i find em if i just run along the bottom edge of the console cover? And whatabout the e-brake sheath-- that didn't seem to wanna just unscrew like the shift knob but I didn't try to force it either. ???

R

redlinerally

So these clips of which you speak Redline... will i find em if i just run along the bottom edge of the console cover? And whatabout the e-brake sheath-- that didn't seem to wanna just unscrew like the shift knob but I didn't try to force it either. ???
You will find the clips if you lift the console and unclip as you go. Do you have a haynes manual? That'd be the best tool.

Also, you should take off your radio trim surround before you get up that far. There MAY be some screws under there...

sjaz

You will find the clips if you lift the console and unclip as you go. Do you have a haynes manual? That'd be the best tool.

Also, you should take off your radio trim surround before you get up that far. There MAY be some screws under there...

ok, tx!

R

rallyXcramps

console2hj7.jpg

Do the 2 screw under all your crud inside the cubby hole.

Remove the 2 circled.

pop your shifter boot out by sicking a flat blade screwdriver inbetween the boot and plastic and push inwards, leave the boot on and just pull it up like a prom dress.

R

rallyXcramps

Oh yeah. Something below the radio, above the ashtray pops and screws undernieth. Cant see that area in the pics

R

redlinerally

You're forgetting the prom dress...

Oh wait, you already got that twice.

R

rallyXcramps

default_wink.png
I learned one thing in College Writing. Find a way to keep technical articles interesting.

Latest posts

Back