Removing Roof Rails

REXWGN03

Has anyone here ever removed the roof rails on a wagon? I'm toying with taking them off. I don't even know if it would look better. Any thoughts or opinions?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
yeah they look really slick. your best bet is to find someone with a 92X that wants the roof rails. because you will need the uninterrupted black strip from the Saabaru. Or you can just go to the Saab dealer and order the strips. but I think they are about $70 each

soposube

Its actually easy to do its just takes a little bit of time to take down the head-liner.

I used to have a rexwaggie with no roof rails. Its amazing how much it makes the wagon look lower to the ground.

Rightseat

taking apart the interior panels to get at the headliner is a very sequential job

search nasioc tech forum for directions, there's some good info in there on what to do 1st-2nd-3rd etc.

I'm about to put the rails back ON my wagon--need a cargo box for skis, gravel tires, etc.

DG

Runnah

It took me a better part of a Saturday to remove mine.

You have to remove a ton of pieces to get the headliner out (major pita). When the rails are removed you're going to have 8 holes in the roof that need to be filled. I used rubber expansion "things" from a hardware store and some silicon sealent.

Try to find someone in Canada who is would trade mouldings with you. Their TS's didn't come with roof racks.

I found a few good write up on how to do it.

You will have to remove:

Both visors

all seat belts

all "Oh shit" handle and those coathanger clips

all pillar covers "A,B,C"

both the dome light and map light

Then reinstall it all again!

Latest posts

Back