Rest & Be Thankful Rallycross

katnip

the car is black. I swear
We will be returning to the Rest & Be Thankful Farm in Lyman Maine!

The date is Saturday, Oct 15.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=74+old+north+berwick+rd,+lyman,+me&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=65.645551,107.138672&vpsrc=0&t=h&z=17

We will be using a different field this year. In the map, we will be running on the LEFT side of the road. This will present some logistics challenges:

1. For space considerations, we want most people to pit in the normal area (the gravel lot behind the house).

2. Unregistered vehicles won't want to cross back and forth over the road because you don't want to attract law enforcement attention. We will have an area set up for you to park in the field.

3. Trailers should park where they normally do on the house side of the road.

The field is grassy and about average in terms of roughness. I wouldn't bring a lowered car out to run but it will be much smoother than Belmont!

The lunch cart that we had last year should be available for food.

As thanks for their hospitality, Cumberland Motor Club (CMC) members are welcome and will pay the same price as SCCA members.

Details and registration forms here: http://www.ner.org/rally/rx/event/20111015_rest-be-thankful-rallyx

Online registration here: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/91D39C5D-0E70-0C3A-270FF4D18F4583F9

Meyagi

I'm a hack
maybe I can get my winter bomber built in time for this
default_smile.png

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
nice I will be in area that weekend as well...

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Nigel...this event is on October 15th...the same day we be teaching at TeamO

rats! figured that out for myself. have not yet figured out how to be driving 2 different cars at same time in 2 diffrent places, oh well...

@ skipow: we teach the 1-day Ford Fiesta Rally Experience classes, and the infamous/famous Winter Safe School days in season. Difference in the classes is in the Rally Experience, you drive the school's rally-prepped Fiestas, at Winter Safe you learn to hurl your own car around on the snow and ice roads.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
are they still running the audis or VW's for the multi day courses?

V-Dubs at lonnng last are RIP, a few Q4000s still in multi-day rally course duty along with a growing crop of GC Subarus.

most course work now in 2010 fiestas tho. nobody who drives a Fiesta sideways has any pangs about parkin the old skool Golfs n Jettas permanently.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
Bad news!

Due to some issues with the site, we've made the hard decision to pull the plug on the event. It wouldn't be up to our standards and the landowner and I agreed that it was best to pull the plug now rather than put on a poor event.

I am scrambling to find a replacement site for our October event. In the meanwhile, I ask you all to sit tight. I have suspended registration on Motorsportsreg. If we are unable to reschedule or you can't make it to the replacement event, we will issue credits or refunds. I don't want anyone to think that we're going to hold onto their money and not have an event.

ReZPunK

I would have put money on this one... hope a new site comes up... (union fair grounds....cmon gotta try one more time....)

Latest posts

Back