RIP Eric Benson 8/26/85 - 5/23/10

Taiden

I hope Eric becomes a reason the old port cleans up its act. Too many people fall prey to random acts of violence every weekend. Maybe people will wake up and realize there IS a worst case scenario.
Amen brother. Portland is a really safe city when it's sober time (daylight / early evening). When the public gets a few drinks in them the whole situation turns upside down....... I wish people took alcohol more seriously. I'm not blaming Eric's death on that, it's more of a general statement.

Evan

I heard on facebook that the press herald reported he was in the old port, so i looked up the article. what was weird to me is that HES 20 AND AT THE OASIS. i hope the cops bust that crap hole: "Kyle Estabrook said he knew Googins from Gray-New Gloucester High School. They had been at the Oasis bar on Wharf Street and had stayed until last call, after which time alcohol is no longer served.... ....Googins initially refused to turn himself in to police. Googins' brother said his brother was not hiding, but trying to contact a lawyer. Police say they are investigating how Googins, who is not old enough to drink legally, was allegedly served alcohol at the bar before the incident..... ....A person is guilty of manslaughter if they recklessly, or with criminal negligence, cause the death of another person. The offense is punishable by up to 40 years in prison." portland press herald.

Redline

Redline isn't "gone" per se. Just busy.I've received the proof that you guys came up with, and I'm working on some alterations to make it a bit more... easily produced. The text is fine, but the #14 on the car is too small to work with - unless I sized the artwork to a bumper sticker size. I'm guessing that's too big.Stay tuned for a rendition.

Last edited by a moderator:

saabman

My 2 cents on the decal are to keep is simple and elegant with a bit of insider mystic. I run Nates #39 (Pedro posted) and while strangers dont know what it refers to, those that knew Nate sure know.

abenson100

taiden i would like your first name so i can quote you in my speech on sat. also what is the turn around time on the decals once the alterations are done.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
taiden i would like your first name so i can quote you in my speech on sat. also what is the turn around time on the decals once the alterations are done.
I am hoping to keep it under a week.

Flipswitch

I worked the radio station at UMF with Eric. We had some great times both in the studio & out. Eric was a great guy to be around; his smile & laugh were infectious. His passion for anything that went "vroom" caught on & he is probably the leading reason I drive as I do in the snow/dirt. I am glad to see my memories are in good company. Going to miss you bud.

-Ty

theimbalance

I can work on a more "simple/elegant" version if that's what people want....? Redline (or whoever is printing them)could you please post a proof on here before they are cut (for the Benson family and myself) ?

I saw the Portland police chief on the news tonight speaking about cracking down on violence in the old port relating to the incident.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
EricBenson.jpg

what say ye people?

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
News item this morning on public radio said that "a recent beating death" has prompted Old Port police to put together a program to help clean up after hours thuggery. Bar staff can take cell phone pix of troublemakers and text em to other bars so staff there can kick em out before things get worse.

so it looks like something good will come of this after all.

Latest posts

Back