rotational clunking

dsmith

Not sure if this is even the right section to post this in because I have not figured out what the problem is obviously but I have a rotational clunking when being in reverse going like 2-5mph. Sometimes you can feel is when you're slowing down moving forward or taking off slowly as well. Have had people in my back seat say that they can feel something on their feet. I've checked out under the rear of my car and don't see that anything is loose. 

Thanks.

dsmith

probably going to try repacking my rear struts in the near future. hopefully that fixes it. also going to check for any loose axle nuts.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
With the rear off the ground, have you grabbed all the suspension parts and given them a good wiggle. Or even take a pry bar and put some force on things like lat links and trailing arms. See if there's any play in the bushings. But a wrench on the strut top mounts and see if the nuts are loose, this could indicate a top hat issue. There's unlikely to be any visible issue, you're gonna have to find what's loose. Put a wrench on EVERY nut/bolt in the rear suspension and make sure nothing is loose.

Latest posts

Back