Rotors?

Wrx911

I am looking for a set of drilled and slotted rotors for my 08 wrx. Anyone have any suggestions on a good brand or any good deals online?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I ran centric rotors the last two days at NEFR. Drilled slotted is mostly a gimmick unless your buying high end stuff or you have a reason to run them, most people don't. Stoptech pads with centric rotors is a great combo and most people don't need anything more.

Stein

Stein
Drilled and slotted are only good for looks.  Get some Centric Premiums.  Cheap and get the job done. Then you can use the extra money to buy better pads and actually see an increase in braking.

http://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-series/777_2008+Subaru+Impreza+WRX+%28Including+Wagon%29/273_Centric+Premium+Brake+Rotor+-+Single+Rotor

I ran centric rotors the last two days at NEFR. Drilled slotted is mostly a gimmick unless your buying high end stuff or you have a reason to run them, most people don't. Stoptech pads with centric rotors is a great combo and most people don't need anything more.
I literally just bought this combo yesterday. I did too much reading on the internet and all I found out was exactly what Garrett and Dan just posted.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
If you insist on getting something fancier, there is no need to get anything other than slotted anyway. The drilled will actually do more harm than good here in New England. But there isn't anything wrong with a quality OEM style rotor.

Wrx911

Thank you for responding Dan I am going to take everyone's advice and go with the centric rotors and stoptech pads. Glad I didn't make the mistake of buying some drilled and slotted rotors.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Rock auto or KNS brakes have the best deals on rotors and pads.

I have a guy who is a distributor for whiteline, kartboy, etc; but he can't even match those two companys for brake parts. If people want suspension stuff though hit me up. No deadbeats or tire kickers.

Wrx911

Rock auto or KNS brakes have the best deals on rotors and pads.

I have a guy who is a distributor for whiteline, kartboy, etc; but he can't even match those two companys for brake parts. If people want suspension stuff though hit me up. No deadbeats or tire kickers.
I was actually thinking about getting some epic springs so I could use my stock struts. I don't have a ton of extra money right now to buy a nice set of coilovers. Any advice on a good route to go with my suspension? It's just my daily and I don't need anything extreme just would like it to be a bit lower. Ill check out rock auto and kns tonight thank you

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN

I was actually thinking about getting some epic springs so I could use my stock struts. I don't have a ton of extra money right now to buy a nice set of coilovers. Any advice on a good route to go with my suspension? It's just my daily and I don't need anything extreme just would like it to be a bit lower. Ill check out rock auto and kns tonight thank you

Skip coilovers and get a lowering spring with a strut that has damping at least close to matching the spring rate. I'm not sure about 3rd gen fitment so I cant recommend shit. 2nd gen is STi springs with agx struts for cheap combo.

STi springs on an adjustable strut are always a good pair, STi springs on stock struts are good, but an underdamped combo that will be hard on the strut.

scubiecraig

I'm going with the Stoptech brakes/rotors from Rockauto personally.  I have to replace my rears very soon.  Back pads are down to 2mm, and the rotors are delaminating and rusting.

Latest posts

Back