Rubbing?

Runnah

OK so yesterday I put on my summer rims with brand new tires. The rims I have are 17x7 and the tires are 215/45/17.

Now I gett the feeling that the inside edge of the tires are rubbing on the bottom cup of the sturt during hard cornering. I belive this because the inside edge is noticeably warmer to the touch than the outside.

I ate thru a set of tires on my RS with these rims. But I think the strut cups were lower. Right now there is a gap of about 2.5 inches between the cup and the edge of the tire.

Is there enough flex in the suspenstion compnets to cause rubbing?

Also why would it be rubbing since this it the OEM size for the optional subaru 17 inch rims.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
the distance between the strut and the tire is fixed when you have an alignment. it only changes when steering in the front axle.

you probably have some toe or funky camber. (most likely toe out)

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I have had to stock specs before where it ended up being off enough to wear strangely.

where did you have it done?

wzrd

I just came from a stock 06 wrx limited- 17"-17"+7"-215/45/17 And put on the summer set 17"-17"+8"-225/45/17 NO rubbing issues for me.

Evan

remember that offset is just as important as width when it comes to fitment. you'd probably know it if you were rubbing on suspension or body pieces. i've had girls yelp at the noise if hitting fender when going over bumps.
default_frown.gif

i'd bet its a alignment as well.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I thought the sporty subes had 8 inch minimum. Heck, I got 8 inch on a 90hp sube a couple inches to spare tucked inside the wheel well.
default_frown.gif

Offset is goofy by subaru? Do doubt it, they even had 13" trailer wheels oin turbo models once upon a time.

Latest posts

Back