Sailing trip

Spiller1327

What is she for a boat? That sounds like an awesome trip. I work with a guy who sailed from boothbay to the Azores and back on a 28 foot single masted sloop!

That sounds like an awesome trip. I have gone across the pond(3 times) and been to the Caribbean by sea. Although it wasn't on a sailboat, I enjoy large ships myself. Hope you have good winds and fair seas.

I saw an extremely similar boat in Bermuda last June.

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
What is she for a boat? That sounds like an awesome trip. I work with a guy who sailed from boothbay to the Azores and back on a 28 foot single masted sloop!
It's a 28' Bristol Channel Cutter. I just made the trip from Winterport to Harpswell with the two of them this weekend. What an incredible boat!

Spiller1327

That's so awesome! I couldn't imagine sailing across the pond in a 28 footer! I'd need a 40 footer at least. I sail on a 40 foot friendship sloop out of boothbay harbor in the summers! Sailing is the coolest ever

Dreadpiratepikle

Good luck and have fun! I've never done a transatlantic, but I've done quite a bit of sailing in the Caribbean. Be sure to hit up the lesser traveled islands, like the BVIs and Dominica. I'd also highly recommend the Bahamas, they are amazing as well.

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
Bump for those of you who aren't following the trip on facebook. They left last Thursday, 5/23, and are currently a short distance of the southeastern corner of Nova Scotia. The first few days were pretty rough, 8-10' seas with 30kt winds on the nose, which made both of them seasick, no surprise for Abby but a huge shock for her dad. Since then they've been sailing around 7.5kts with a triple reef in the main, which is pretty quick for that little sail area. The wind has been slowly dying down to a reasonable speed as they get into the gulf stream. They should be in the Azores in about 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back