Sand blasting

Jamey

Having a hard time finding someone to sand blast my rims anyone have any info on someone ?? Thanks in. Advance

smelt240

I dont need them powder coated
What do you want them blasted with,as far as media? I have a bunch of different goodies for blasting,We used to do a lot of steelies,but those can be straight black slag,I would think aluminum would need a little less cut...maybe a fine garnet..Ive got a good sized cabinet,if you're interested ,Ill take a look at them,it wont cost you $100-esp if you have them relatively clean to start (no grease and oil)

Jamey

What do you want them blasted with,as far as media? I have a bunch of different goodies for blasting,We used to do a lot of steelies,but those can be straight black slag,I would think aluminum would need a little less cut...maybe a fine garnet..Ive got a good sized cabinet,if you're interested ,Ill take a look at them,it wont cost you $100-esp if you have them relatively clean to start (no grease and oil)

3dd49946.jpg
. They are far from dirty but like I did a fast job on them and I'd like to do them again with clean slate

smelt240

Ok,going by the pic,you dont want to blast the lips? Little more of a pain,but not too bad. In the past,Ive used either 3 layers of masking tape,and some care,or 2 layers of duct tape,less care,substitute goo gone in the end. Im in Lewiston all the time,plus we only live about 20 mins from there. I can show you some of my past work,Its all on Datsuns,but you will get the idea. Are you going to go with powder,or just a new paint job? Paint will hold if you spend a little money on decent stuff,Eastwood has some good choices,esp if you want black. Their 2K ceramic has done good for me. Once I get my shop done,Ill be doing a lot of wheel and tire work,getting a brandy new rim clamp,and spin balancer this spring,plus powder, paint etc...shoot me a pm,Ill get you my number. My wireless is hit or miss,but Ill get back asap.

EDIT I just took a closer look at your pic...if those are 2 piece,it will be a lot easier,as long as they unbolt OK...

Last edited by a moderator:

cwiggin

^^^^ how much would you charge to sandblast?? I have my stock rims I wanted to paint, my cousin reccommended I sandplast or powder coat rather than spray paint and sand by hand!!!!!

smelt240

Another Datsun fan? Awsome, let see the work you mentioned.
Not to threadjack,but I have 2 510 2 doors,a 67 RL411 SSS and a 78 620 lwb pickup all in different stages of "restoration"...Ill throw some pics up in the members gallery soon.

Also,sorry guys,I just got my internet back,the storm killed my stolen wireless connection... I have about 3 afternoons worth of work to do on my workshop,then I will be able to get blasting again. Im not sure if anybody on here does blasting/powder. If there is someone who usually does it,I wont try to steal their work,but if not,I will probably become the MS "blast guy". Powdercoating will be this spring,after my tire machine gets installed.I plan to do an oven large enough for an ATV/bike frame. The only thing I dont like blasting is greasy nasty parts. I CAN,but it will cost way more,due to the media being junk after,and having to clean the cabinet. For now this isn't a business,just something I do to play around. My schedule is nuts in the winter.but Ill have 220 in the shop soon,and will be ready to go.

Jamey

Change of plan blasting whole rim let me know when you can do it

Thanks ! Maybe even powdercoat depending on cost

smelt240

Whole rims will make it a lot easier,if you can give me a week,Ill have my power hooked up upstairs in my shop,so no generator to run my big compressor. Right now I run a small gas job,not the best,but it works. Im not set up to do powder right yet,I have a friend in Topsham who is.Mine should be ready by Feb or March at the latest,then Ill be all set to do everything rim/tire related.(Except chrome and other platings)

Back