Sebastian Loeb sets new record for Pikes Peak

Rmayo

This is the onboard camera from Sebastian Loeb's record setting run of 8:13, beating Rhys Millen's record of 9:46... Absolutely insane speed and I strongly suggest watching.

http://youtu.be/4EsRyhxa5Tg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zach

The record is kinda moot to be honoest the road is 100% tarmac now due to state law. I'll admit that was hella fast but I'll end my reply with a quote from Rod Millen right after the race was over (Rhys' father) "When men were men, we raced on dirt."

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Even if it were still dirt, Pikes Peak would still have to point at a doll in court while being asked "where did Loeb abuse you?"

Yes it isn't the same event anymore, but Loeb would have violated that mountain regardless of surface.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Times change, guys. Roads change. Cars change. Get over it!

As for Loeb's record run being "boring"...well I assure you, if you were strapped in next to him the ride would most def NOT be!!!

To average 89 mph, that means for every 15 seconds he's in a hairpin going "only" 40 mph, there's an equal amount of time he's going 140...on a road with trees, cliffs, and 2000-foot dropoffs on the sides. If that's boring to you, spend less time watching vids and wishing, and more time in your car learning how to actually DRIVE it.

JoshP

We will have to wait to see how long the record stands, but 2nd place was about 50 seconds behind.. Loeb really is an amazing driver.

Zach

Times change, guys. Roads change. Cars change. Get over it!

As for Loeb's record run being "boring"...well I assure you, if you were strapped in next to him the ride would most def NOT be!!!

To average 89 mph, that means for every 15 seconds he's in a hairpin going "only" 40 mph, there's an equal amount of time he's going 140...on a road with trees, cliffs, and 2000-foot dropoffs on the sides. If that's boring to you, spend less time watching vids and wishing, and more time in your car learning how to actually DRIVE it.
No one ever said the run was boring, if anything that was the last thing I was thinking. I was talking about the record itself. And yes we all know Loeb is the Terminator when hes in the drivers seat.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Apologies to MS peeps: the "boring" comment was posted on another forum, got it mixed up with this one.

Paved Pikes Peak just isn't the same, no question.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Dirt or not, that is an insanely fast run. Hell, even Michelle Mouton's dirt run way back when was quicker than I'd want to go up that thing. Last years off with Jeremy Foley on that mountain could have been life threatening.

KLRSMRF

Loeb is the man for sure; 9 straight WRC championships. I like a few guys better but you can not discount all those wins.

JoshP

I wonder who/when this record will be broken.  Unless its Loeb coming back of course.  There just aren't world class drivers showing up at pikes peak, look at the Tacoma who came in 2nd for instance.  Similar power to weight ratio and went about 40 or 50 seconds slower. 

Latest posts

Back