Second times the charm?

sooch

Type-RA
Well since the project is officially taking shape I thought I would take some time and write a members journal...

Here's how she looks now:

uGoQfa4.jpg

gFx6l09.jpg

tUl2fsZ.jpg

And here is where it all started....

Do you even lift BRO?

1s7Vovq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sooch

Type-RA
aMAHr.jpg

what the car looked like after paint, had the stock suspension, stock rs engine. Fall of 12? I think?

iXzLMfP.jpg

Car is almost what it looks like now. Pretty beat up, ej20k had been in it for a while. The green L is Ricks mobile, i like it more than mine...

During the winter I purchased a parts car, which is where I got doors, trunk, 3 wheels, bumper, lights etc. 

Unfortunately the suspension was pretty much junk, still not a bad investment at $400

You can see the shell hidden on the left side of the garage.

fiBn0O1.jpg

(Rick pictured stealing seats from my house)

sooch

Type-RA
These all came in the mail within the past week or so. Some JDM bits and stuffs.

gxC8UP9.jpg

A little bit of wear on the brake pedal, but for $45 shipped I was all over it.

thk0T74.jpg

Not the same set, mine are black. JDM YO

7CrxoLX.jpg

Matt

Funny thing was my Tacoma and my buddies legacy were outside with fresh stickers and tinted tails!! It's all about who you know. Ha

GClark

You make good car decisions like I make good car decisions.  Oh well, it's all working out now.  Looking forward to seeing this up in Orono. 

Meyagi

I'm a hack
so are you planning on bringing me a RHD firewall to swap in so i can use those RHD pedals?

sooch

Type-RA
A little update: Car moves under its own power, basically just in and out of mikes shop however

These are parts that I have amassed over the past couple of months....

**Still waiting on a new carpet and a prodrive p1 lip (should be in tomorrow)

Wnhpmek.jpg

Yes, that will look very nice in there.

YzoscS2.jpg

(boat shoes for the haters)

sooch

Type-RA
thanks mike! one of them got muched by a curb (PO), but should be okay... I still kinda wish I got the speedline pero-r's that I wanted

sooch

Type-RA
Spent most of today with my friend clark wrenching on the car.

--Carpet is 90% in, need to work on fitment issues on passenger side and rear.

--Center console is in (driver side needs wires ziptied and the dash pieces put into place

--Carbonfiber mirrors are in and looking sweet. I can't see shit out of them so mission accomplished. Right?

--Hood on, fenders hung and not secured.

--Driver seat in, its been too long since I sat in there...

Less talking more pictures:

indbCQH.jpg

QCdEzGz.jpg

AcbnFWB.jpg

unfortunately all i have is an iphone to take pics and bad lighting...

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I "helped" out on this project today...it's coming along nicely. The wheels, seats, mirrors and spats make me drool, incredibly nice parts. I'm happy for you man, hopefully in this case, second time is the charm Neil!

Latest posts

Back