shop'd some wheels on my car; tell me what you think

Trevor723

I'm so back and forth if I like these or not, and if I'm down for gold wheels or not....

Tell me what you think.

bbsshop.jpg

what I'm running now:

passengersideview-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
I like the gold, but not those wheels. Would they be for summer or winter or year-round? The tires sure look beefy (too beefy for summer IMO).

Mark

i'm really biased since i've never liked those wheels on anything, even though they're really popular. i'd say save em for v-dubs.

Trevor723

they'd be summer only rims... the proportions may not be perfect I had to scale them and overlay the rims on my car now. The goldies are 16x7 just like the 5 spokes I have on there now.

Stein

Stein
For summer only I would go with 17" at least (for looks). I agree that they look too V-dub though, especially at 16x7."

krazykarpenter

i honestly don't think they are that bad man. I will admit I don't like gold rims that much. If you ask me, get these powered coated black or anthracite (perhaps maybe with the group rate??) I think they will look better.

They have a nice spoke pattern and the size is great for your car, just not the color

Trevor723

added pic of current wheels for comparison...

I reallly want to run 16s, options for a quality wheel that will clear my brakes and have an appropriate offset for my future plans are few and far between it seems. :/

Stein

Stein
I like your current wheels better. Are they early STI wheels?

Maybe you could just paint them if you've lost interest in them or if you want a change. Black is probably the safest bet since you're not sure about gold.

Trevor723

I like your current wheels better. Are they early STI wheels?
Maybe you could just paint them if you've lost interest in them or if you want a change. Black is probably the safest bet since you're not sure about gold.
They were early STI wheels yes, but they were also standard issue for 98-99 2.5RS'.

I would never do black... color options would be silver, gold, gunmetal, or bronze. I don't have the PS skills to change the color and make it look decent.

i-wagon

gunmetal or maybe a dark flat gray?

or be like the obs i see around auburn with flourescent pink:D

Stein

Stein
That bronze doesn't have enough color for me. Either that or its too light.

I like the gunmetal better so far
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back