"Silver Bullet" 2009 WRX Hatch

Boynton4

So I purchased my first WRX and second Subaru back in February, I haven't started a journal yet, and the mods are starting to add up. I figured it was time to get started.

Very first picture of my car, with winter wheels:

first.jpg

Very cluttered rear end:

badges.jpg

Removing some of the badges was my first priority.

My first mod was the Kartboy STS, and then I started moving my audio setup in.

Cleaned it out to run wire and Amps under the seats:

Gutted.jpg

Audio Integrations box and Diamond Audio 10"

Subbox.jpg

Also went through and used a bulk box of Dynamat and a lot of closed cell foam

Dynamat.jpg

Closed it all back up and put it all together, with the amps in position: (I added velcro to secure it later, the amps are square and tucked all the way back now)

underseat.jpg

The audio system stayed this way until I invested a little more money.. Viper Alarm and Pioneer 8400
default_smile.png

viper.jpg

installed:

8400.jpg

So that took care of the sound in the car, now I wanted to add some sound outside of the car:

Greddy Race Ti-c catback

Greddy.jpg

The fit isn't perfect, designed for the STI, but it sounds great: I've already purchased an Invidia Q300 to replace it, so the Greddy will be for sale soon.

Exhaust-1.jpg

Time to add some tint, and put the stock summer wheels on:

Stockwheel.jpg

The oem summer wheels weren't on long before I decided to put my set of OZ Crono Evolutions, only 18 pounds for an 18"x8" wheel. Picked up some gold McGard spline drive nuts to bolt them on also.

Side.jpg

I know it needs more low..

Rear.jpg

I love the Kartboy, but the knob still seemed to sit very high.. I picked up a WC Lathewerks knob, which didn't use a collar, and I'm happy with the height now
default_smile.png

Knob.jpg

Boynton4

So mods currently

Pioneer 8400

Alpine M6 - mono amp

Alpine MRP-300 four channel amp

Audio Integrations box

Diamond Audio 10"

Viper 5704v Alarm

Tint 35% front, 5%rears, 5% sunstrip

Greddy Ti-c exhaust (Soon to be replaced by Invidia Q300)

Kartboy STS

WC Lathewerks knob

OZ Crono Evolution 18x8 et35 with Nitto 555r 225/40/18 tires

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I'm not sure how many passengers you have getting in and out in the winter time, but you maybe might want to put like a floor mat under the amps so they will never get wet. Mine did on my WRX, with no mats under the amp, and it blew up because of corrosion. Nice looking Rex! Now for a downpipe and accessport!

Last edited by a moderator:

Boynton4

I would like a downpipe and accessport.. but hearing your experiences with breaking engines...

I'm a little hesitant..

I'm still under factory warranty also.. just broke 30,000 miles on monday

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I have really bad luck....not every WRX engine blows up, but I understand why you're hesitant

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Very nice! I have the same OZ wheels as winter wheels for my XT, only mine are black. Keep up the good work!

Boynton4

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Garrett, I wont be in Orono this year. I graduated this year.. and,

I'm actually leaving for Fort Leonardwood on Saturday.. and will be gone till the end of October. Engineer BOLC

Car's coming with me
default_smile.png

Boynton4

Put on the Invidia Q300 tonight, please excuse the dirty bumper

photo-7.jpg

First impressions.. this thing is quiet! Especially coming from a race catback. I think it'll take some getting used to.

I can now hear all the noises of the car like the tire noise and squeaks instead of just the exhaust.. ha

Not sure if I like it..

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Garrett, I wont be in Orono this year. I graduated this year.. and,

I'm actually leaving for Fort Leonardwood on Saturday.. and will be gone till the end of October. Engineer BOLC

Car's coming with me
default_smile.png
Have fun in Missouri..... I heard it's a blast there lol

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
What did you think of the dynomat? How much noise did it reduce and was it worth the price?

I'm going to be doing the interior up of my new car and am looking into various sound deadening products.

Boynton4

I guess it wasnt dynamat exactly.. I used a product called Stinger expert Roadkill. Same idea, buytl rubber with aluminum.. for vibration dampening. I dont really think it cuts down sound, definitely adds some weight to the doors, and makes things feel more expensive.

While it may not cut down road noise, it does cut down some resonation, and makes the stereo sound better. For $100, I think it was worth it. the time consuming part was actually installing it

Latest posts

Back