Skiers/Snowboarders

saabaru

... Bro just called me, he bought a new Rubicon 4door, and with that he gets a ski pass to SR,Sugarloaf, and loon. So he is handing it over, he is in RI. Free skiing this year, once again..

brighton

Rally Fluffer
The STM riders and skier should get together on a Monday night madness night at Shawnee peak this season, cheap and close for most. $12 bucks for 4-9pm (And gritty's "moose pond ale" at pub) :eek:ccasion14: ? Thoughts ?

saabaru

The STM riders and skier should get together on a Monday night madness night at Shawnee peak this season, cheap and close for most. $12 bucks for 4-9pm (And gritty's "moose pond ale" at pub) :eek:ccasion14: ? Thoughts ?
Good idea, will be tough for me come Feb with the baby on the way, but will try. Start a thread soon about Meet/Ski and Beer.

mikebike357

I'm game for Monday nights. Close & cheap... just my style.

I do have 2 free tix for the Loaf or Sunday River that expire 12/24/08. Hopefully there will be snow by then.

Rightseat

shawnee is 118 miles from camden

sugarload is also 118 miles from camden

given a choice of which drive to take and what mtn to end up at...is a no brainEr...would I rather ski at nite on man-made, or dodge rocks and raspberry booshes up on the snowfields....??!!.

like it or loaf it!

saabaru

I wish Sugarloaf was as close as Shawnee.. Only thing that sucks about it, the drive home is a killer.

mikebike357

I've never actually been to the Loaf when there was snow. I went up in early december one year after there was a crapload of snow in November but it all melted by the time I got there. They had like 3 runs open. It was fun cuz the crowd was small but it would've been nice to have more choices. Need to go up in the middle of winter.

EvilAsPie

I'm game for Monday nights. Close & cheap... just my style.

I do have 2 free tix for the Loaf or Sunday River that expire 12/24/08. Hopefully there will be snow by then.
Mike, if you need help using those tickets before 12/24 you know where to find me. :wave:

Rightseat

I've never actually been to the Loaf when there was snow. I went up in early december one year after there was a crapload of snow in November but it all melted by the time I got there. They had like 3 runs open. It was fun cuz the crowd was small but it would've been nice to have more choices. Need to go up in the middle of winter.
there's no prob with the Loaf on this, it's just that your timing is terrible. go in March and you won't be whining about no snow. March is the 2nd heaviest snow month and you have a whole winter's accumulation for a base. Best thing is, the crowds have given up by then. Days are longer, liftlines shorter, sun is warmer, and the summit snowfields are like having a chairlift on top of Mt Washington.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: x 497

saabaru

there's no prob with the Loaf on this, it's just that your timing is terrible. go in March and you won't be whining about no snow. March is the 2nd heaviest snow month and you have a whole winter's accumulation for a base. Best thing is, the crowds have given up by then. Days are longer, liftlines shorter, sun is warmer, and the summit snowfields are like having a chairlift on top of Mt Washington.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: x 497
March skiing a the Loaf rules... :thumbsup:x538

mikebike357

Mike, if you need help using those tickets before 12/24 you know where to find me. :wave:
I just hope I get to use 'em before Mrs. Mikebike does! Haha!

The reason I went to the Loaf early was because my bro-in-law was in town from Italy and wanted to go snowboarding... It was the best we could find in early december.

saabaru

Check this shit out. Bro called Sunday River today to make sure we were all set, and that he sends up the correct info. Jerk off on phone said. No, he has to live with you. WRONG. In the fine print it says Immediate family or someone who shares current address. "OR" being key word. So Bro calls up a real mountain, Loaf, and asks the guy, and he was totally cool. Saying to send me up and he will take care of me. Once again, Loaf rules and River pisses me off. Since a little kid I have always favored the Loaf, personel is so much cooler. And I learned to ski at the loaf...

Freepassftw..... Now where is all the snow, I want to go skiing. Need new poles thought, baskets on my poles are shot, and one bottom is cracked.....

fujative06

you guys are lucky this is the first year i wont beable to go skiing at the loaf every weekend and with that time of the year getting closer it just seems to keep bummin me out that the hills down here are about as tall as boardwalk at the loaf :puke:

fujative06

I'm down in pa for school. Its snowed the past 5 days at some points it would be a white out while driving down the road. Yet we still don't have any snow on the ground :dontknow:

saabaru

I'm down in pa for school. Its snowed the past 5 days at some points it would be a white out while driving down the road. Yet we still don't have any snow on the ground :dontknow:
Near the Poconos? When I lived down there I would ski at Blue Mt just north of Allentown. It was pretty fun.(for PA) Camelback sucked, a friend and I went to do some off trail skiing and got yelled at like no ones business.. So we left and drank beer at the Brew pub... :eek:ccasion14:

Latest posts

Back