Skiers/Snowboarders

Rightseat

lived in allentown area for several years in the 80s

blue mt was like skiing in the french foreign legion...you go there to forget (what real ski mtn is like)

in general the skiers at blue were the least competent and most rude i've encountered anywhere. both me and the ex were mowd over or hit numerous times by unguided over-lubed "skiers." farkers, i was about ready to just carry a ball bat for keeping the peace in lift lines. ski patrol tried to kick us off the mtn, they claimed that telemark skiing was dangerous. can't imagine skiing OOB there, therer was never enough snow and besides the puckerbrush was wicked thick.

aaah, the Bad Old Days...... :wave:

saabaru

Blue seemed chill to me, I had no issues. I also felt like the best skier on the mountain. No one was hitting the bumps. mmmmmmm Bumps..

Rightseat

just want to point out I have retained no paticular attitude about that stupid fricken molehill of a so-called montain run by nazis and covered with mindless ants that fancy themselves skiers

nope, I open-minded and will now :shut the front door!:

mikebike357

If you go over toward Pittsburgh stop at Seven Springs... that's my old stomping ground where I used to teach. A whopping 700' of vertical. haha! Better than nothing.

fujative06

yeah actually its funny you mentioned 7 springs i went in for a job fair to get a part time job cause i live like 45 from it and the guy that was there told me that even though ive taught skiing at sugarloaf for 4 years and learned how to teach from some of the best on the east coast. that i wouldnt beable to teach for the first month because i was going to be taught how to teach. :thebirdman:

Rightseat

7:15 am today: woke to see a good snow squall turn everything white outside the bedroom window in 15 mins....yesss!

then went to local ski swap, what a scene. more cars in lot at Snow Bowl than on most weekend ski days. so I'm not the only ones psyched around there for winter.

got the g/f some decent Raichle boots & K2 parabolics w/Salomons for less than $100...including binding adjustment and ski tune! gotta love used ski sales, this is recycling how i'ts spozed to be!

I got a new (used) ski helmet and some schweet Rotefella 412 tele binders (virtually unused), $40 total.

Life is effin good. Pls send snow to midcoast, asap!

:thumbsup:

240sx gt-s

All this talk about snow, and mountains, and fun...

Here's my newest ride. I call it the Fish Fillet. Last years Burton Fish (has never been ridden) soon to be a fully functioning splitboard. :love10:

IMG_0340.jpg

mikebike357

yeah actually its funny you mentioned 7 springs i went in for a job fair to get a part time job cause i live like 45 from it and the guy that was there told me that even though ive taught skiing at sugarloaf for 4 years and learned how to teach from some of the best on the east coast. that i wouldnt beable to teach for the first month because i was going to be taught how to teach. :thebirdman:
IMO the ski school there is so poorly run... it's chaos and they make a crapload of money because it's a ski resort and people want lessons. Captive audience. If it were organized and well run, I think they could make even more money. I got fed up with it. I also got fed up with the single parents who would dump their kids at the ski school all day so they could go back to the cabin & bang their boyfriend or girfriend. Now, for those of us who snowboard... do you remember your first days? Pain. Kids can't take a full day learning how to board plus it's cold, etc. I felt so bad for some of the kids I taught. Couldn't take it anymore.

So when are we starting the STM Ski/Snowboard outings on Monday nites?

saabaru

I say we do every Monday night, I know I will not make many at all, but at least it will be set. Or second monday of the month. I will do a few days of skiing, not much since I have to pay.

mikebike357

I looked up the price and it's $23 for a lift ticket. Not bad for 4p to 9p. I'm sure we could figure out some kinda carpool too.

mikebike357

Shawnee...

For the carpoolz.... i have a thule box that I throw on teh roof... can fit 2, maybe 3 boards as long as the other boards don't have big ass Flow bindings like mine! Skis, no prob.

08rex

the best deal hands down in maine day at sugarloaf. 26 bucks on wednesdays with a maine id. wayyyy better than the 72 dollars every other day. whos in?

mikebike357

^^ Me likey! Is that every wednesday?

Heading up to Sunday River today. Gotta use up the free lift tix I got at EMS.

Rallikid

I get weds and sundays off from turning wrenches at AAA. So if this is every weds that would be perfect. :thumbsup:

seph

every wednesday w/ exclusions for holidays, special events and such...

mikebike357

I just need to find a baby sitter for the full day.

Sunday River was awesome on Friday. Saw the new "Chondola"... what a joke. Every 6th chair is a gondola car. WTF?

saabaru

May have to go up this week. Tomorrow I have off, so if the wife lets me I may make the trek to the Loaf. Chondola looks abit bizarre, and a poor location IMO

Latest posts

Back