SNAP!!

Vecken

Well the worst thing that could possibly happen in my life just happened. Snapped timing belt, anyone have a ej25d or a 2.2 compatible for a 99 outback? I only have 250$ to work with so I need either heads or a good longblock I really just need this thing to last till summer. You guys have been so helpful so far so I really need someone who's got a clock so I can get to work. Have tools and an engine hoist.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I'm going to move this to want to buy since you are looking for these things. Good luck on your search! I'm sure someone had something kicking around.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Well the worst thing that could possibly happen in my life just happened. Snapped timing belt, anyone have a ej25d or a 2.2 compatible for a 99 outback? I only have 250$ to work with so I need either heads or a good longblock I really just need this thing to last till summer. You guys have been so helpful so far so I really need someone who's got a clock so I can get to work. Have tools and an engine hoist.
I'm talking to my friend Brett for you.

*Shitty, he scrapped it all, sorry to get your hopes up.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
giphy.gif

Shitty. Someond help this guy out!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
You can also put phase1 ej22 heads on there if you swap to the 2.2 intake manifold. They're more simple, and raise your compression... It's a fun swap for shits and giggles. And it would get you up and going easier.

Vecken

Just found out a friend has one identical out of a wrecked car with only 109k miles, grabbing tools and checking if it runs. Thanks so much for all your help, my father's truck can tow it but I'm trying to find a full size car trailer (damn center diff) to get it 15 miles back to a friend's garage so I can start tearing into it. I can make a safety deposit if someone has one. Thanks!

Could I just disconnect the rear driveshaft from the diff and tow it with a dolly?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Yes, just unbolt the driveshaft from the diff, and make sure you securely tie it off to something so it doesn't drag on the ground. That's a fine way of towing.

Vecken

I have found a 98 2.2, and a nice running 2.5 sohc, what does it involve to modify the wiring or sensors to make either of those work?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
The 98 2.2 (assuming it's not an early phase2 impreza motor (you need it to have the funky shaped valve covers)) will be a direct drop in replacement. But you will need the single port exhaust manifold with it.

The sohc 2.5 won't work without a lot of work.

Vecken

http://i.imgur.com/7OU3PuJ.jpg anyone have a pulley for a dohc? I'm going to attempt to redo the timing as the belt looks almost new. What are the chances the heads are still good?

The donor motor is a 98 legacy 2.2 its still running and driving, checking it out tomorrow night

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
You almost certainly bent valves. Close the valves for each cylinder one at a time and do a leakdown.

Vecken

Does anyone have an ej25d motor that's blown but has all of the timing components intact? I set the marks on the pulleys to closed and it seems to have compression. The belt is shredded from being jammed. All pulleys move freely except for the top right one which turns all the way around but its hard to move and never frees up, does that head have bent valves? I would love to see if it's possible to save this motor.

The ej22 1998 mt is still complete, I read its almost a straight plug and play, will this work fine if I swap the edu with it? Both cars are manual.

Matt

Other than blown bottom end what else would you need to know. It's good for heads and what not. Short block is caca

Vecken

Sounds like it could work. I'm really leaning towards this 2.2. But I'm finding conflicting information about the egr system. Some say it will only work if it was from an automatic but both cars are manual transmissions. If I replace the engine with the ecu as well is it mostly plug and play?

Latest posts

Back