Snodrift Rally 2011

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
So I just got the latest from the interwebs, apparently David Higgins has blown his motor in his srtusa sti on SS6. He had inherited the lead after Antoine L'Estage crashed on SS4 (apparently glare ice issue). So im curious, Pastrana blew his motor 2nd to last stage at NEFR2010 with lead, Not to mention SRT engine/drivetrain issues at X-games last year, are they squeezing too much power out of the/ sti motors, or bad rally luck? I do see Chris Duplessis is doing well in the Scion xD, beleive was in top 10 on last stage of Today, hope to see him do well. Mirra was in top 3 also, was leading at one point, currently saw an SP car in the lead.. Im getting updates from RallyCar website, www.rally-america.com

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Kinda sucks to see Higgins go without point in his first event, but hopefully Mirra will finish on the podium. The Bacon Motorsports team is doing very well as a private entry again this year! I guess that mechanical stuff can happen to anyone...machines aren't perfect; but to the casual fan, it doesn't look good for Subaru to have motors going at xgames and now here.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Apparently I was mistake about Duplessis, he was doing ok till ss7 then had a puncture and lost like 10 minutes changing. Vanway has moved into top 10 in his 2wd fiesta. Hanson in his sp car had lead still this a.m. He must be super smooth on the icy michigan roads.

Rallikid

Kinda sucks to see Higgins go without point in his first event, but hopefully Mirra will finish on the podium. The Bacon Motorsports team is doing very well as a private entry again this year! I guess that mechanical stuff can happen to anyone...machines aren't perfect; but to the casual fan, it doesn't look good for Subaru to have motors going at xgames and now here.
Bacon Motorsports was not at Sno*Drift.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
how about the interview with burke? he states he had barely driven on snow, once before and once on the way to the rally from the airport? I was glad to see duplessis post fastest time on ss8 (i believe), show em how a "mainer" can beat the big boys in a 2wd scion on ice. too bad about his puncture.

Anyone other than Vanway running a fiesta R2 this year? I was curious when the package was announced what it cost, know im too poor for sure though.

Latest posts

Back