Snow Tires

RallyFocus

It never snows down here, and I have to choose some snow tires for 100AW. We are taking 2 new sets of gravels with us, and to be on the safe side we want to take a set or two of stud-less snows with us (snow tires work better on gravel, than gravel tires work on snow). So I figured I'd post up and ask Maine folk what snow tires you guys prefer. The one thing were gonna need is a strong sidewall, and they need to be 15 inch.

Thanks

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Yoko AO34, absolutley the bestest rally snow going. not cheap but neither is any good rally equipment

we have used these at 100AW, Perce Neige, etc

reinforced sidewalls, big ridged sidewall protectors, blocky tread pattern with heavy siping, and super soft compound

go to jonnicholsmotorsport.com and be ready to apply $$$

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Northernah'
i just google image searched the Yokohama AO34, and guess who popped up!! The last-ditch racing car! pretty neat I thought
default_additional_sillylol.gif

RallyFocus

Yoko AO34, absolutley the bestest rally snow going. not cheap but neither is any good rally equipment

we have used these at 100AW, Perce Neige, etc

reinforced sidewalls, big ridged sidewall protectors, blocky tread pattern with heavy siping, and super soft compound

go to jonnicholsmotorsport.com and be ready to apply $$$
Im going to see if I can find some in the states. Save on shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:

RallyFocus

I bought Nokian Hakkapeliitta's, I know two other teams that run them. So I bout a set. Hopefully it doesn't snow. But you never know.

dflwrx

Hakkas are the best street snow tire in my opinion. Nigel will know more about in stage longevity than I do, but as far as grip, the hakkas are almost unbeatable. I'm sure you'll be happy with them!

RallyFocus

Hakkas are the best street snow tire in my opinion. Nigel will know more about in stage longevity than I do, but as far as grip, the hakkas are almost unbeatable. I'm sure you'll be happy with them!
Hakkas worked well. We are going to have a snowstorm tomorrow and ice for a few days. So we are going to knock out some test sessions to get the suspension right. The rally downsides are, sidewalls are vulnerable and if you get em hot they go away fast. Like Nigel said, the A034's are the best for the job, but you gotta shell out the $$$.

Latest posts

Back