Snowmobile for my girlfriend

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
My girlfriend wants a snowmobile and even though I think they are a big waste of money I am shopping for her. I am looking for something sporty(no papa mobiles) late 90's and up for under $1300.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
saw the title of this thread, then was relieved to see it wan't posted under "Want To Trade"
default_smile.png

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
The sorm might be a little much for her, they came with a 750 and 800 triple depending on the year, the XLT would be nice and can be had pretty cheap now, and were reliable. But the trail would probably be the best!!

IBratmanI

I've never had any trouble with the Polaris triples, and neither have any of my friends, but that doesn't mean there aren't issues. But the Trail is a twin anyway

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
The sorm might be a little much for her, they came with a 750 and 800 triple depending on the year, the XLT would be nice and can be had pretty cheap now, and were reliable. But the trail would probably be the best!!
My girlfriend could handle my quadracer 500r so she is no stranger to power the more then merrier.

IBratmanI

Ski doo? I have heard decent things about them, I'm personally not a ski doo fan, but I guess as long as it's in decent shape. Check the track, how many miles, anything been done to the motor?

Gate4jg

One thing, where is the battery in the skidoo? Because it might be in a place you need to take apart half of the machine to take it out. Trust me you dont want to go though that. lol There has been electrical/ computer problems with those. Well depending on the year. I the simpler the better. The last skidoo I had was a 1975 skidoo olympic 300. That was built like a tank. Too bad snowmobiles are not made like that anymore.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
She bought the 97 mxz 670. It turned out to be a friend of ours old sled and he takes awesome care of his stuff.

Gate4jg

Congrats! well you cant beat a machine that has been babied. Maybe we might need to do a Mainely Subaru snowmobile trek. o_O

EddieHunt05

I was about to say I would avoid a tripple because they are a ***** to steer because of all the weight in the front end but I see she bought one so Congrats
default_additional_unamused.gif

krazykarpenter

She bought the 97 mxz 670. It turned out to be a friend of ours old sled and he takes awesome care of his stuff.
Nice choice, they ride great and the rotax 670 has some yank. They only thing you have to watch out for is the skies dart occasionally just so your aware

Latest posts

Back