So I got a new clutch!

4WRXter

Skier!
Runnah, what did you get? where? how much if you don't mind me asking? Trying to budget/prep for the possibility.

Ferrari

Stage -11ty
If you got a spot to change it and are willing to substitute beer for Redbull/soda than I'd be down. When do you plan on wrenchin'?

SUBARUDE

just say the word and a pit crew will appear >
default_wink.png

Runnah

Thanks guys! I am working on getting everything together for the job. I'll make a post once everything is all set.

boosted

Nice man, I'm sure it will be a learning experience!! I'm always down to mess around and help where I can... I took the easy way out this weekend and had Patriot install my new clutch + flywheel, and let me tell ya it may be a little too strong for my liking!! We'll just have to wait until I go through the break-in period though >
default_redface.gif

inski

boosted, I saw your clutch. Yes a puck clutch will always be very rugged, probably too rugged for stock wrx trannies, not much slip to cushion the gearage. Take it easy and your tranny will be nice to you. ;D

runnah, are you getting a flywheel? I'll try to make it whenever you decide to dig in, but not sure I can attend for the entire duration. I am whipped, worked, and old.
default_biggrin.png

boosted

Yea, this is my first upgraded clutch I've driven, and it's def. taking me a little while to get used to the chatter! Hopefully after it's all broken-in, it will be better to drive...but it def. grabs like heck and should be fun!

Runnah

Just a head up I am getting close to getting this show on the road. I've got a hoist and Pedro's help so far.

Gabe and Mike you guys down?

If anyone has tool or better yet and impact gun that'd be great.

I am thinking about doing this the last weekend in spetember. (right before union rally-x >
default_smile.png
)

jmailhot

runnah, Id be down to help with the clutch, where and when. If your around L/A or P-land I'm in. I've got a little experience under my belt with clutches in a subaru!

-Joe

akinaspeedstar

im down. are you going to do it in your driveway? i also have a bit of experience under a subaru. the last week of september isn't so good for me though. im flying back from VA saterday the 30th, and have a race all day on the 31st. so im kinda out that weekend. but any weekend after that im open to helping.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
you can use my 24v impact if you want. it might be a good idea to pick up a second battery tho

EvilAsPie

im down. are you going to do it in your driveway? i also have a bit of experience under a subaru. the last week of september isn't so good for me though. im flying back from VA saterday the 30th, and have a race all day on the 31st. so im kinda out that weekend. but any weekend after that im open to helping.
Hey akina isn't saturday the 29th and sunday the 30th?

Latest posts

Back