So I think I may have finally found a Subaru

Ian Black

So after much deliberation, I've decided to bite the bullet and get a cosigned loan (as I have no credit) to purchase a vehicle. Bank told me I can get '03 or newer with a cosigner and I think I found something worth it. I apologize for the long link.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tab=summary&recnum=&actLog=&listingId=103284710&paId=485895316&listingRecNum=0&criteria=sf1Dir%3dDESC%26mkId%3d20041%26stkTyp%3dU%26rd%3d30%26crSrtFlds%3dstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-prcId%26zc%3d04072%26prcId%3d28579%26rn%3d0%26PMmt%3d1-0-0%26stkTypId%3d28881%26sf2Dir%3dASC%26sf1Nm%3dprice%26sf2Nm%3dmiles%26isDealerGrouping%3dfalse%26rpp%3d50%26feedSegId%3d28705&tracktype=usedcc&pageNumber=&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&&aff=national

It's a 2005 2.5RS wagon on a 5 speed. Less than 90k. Seems like a decent price. I haven't gotten anything this new before so i'm not super sure what to look for in the newer Subarus. Is it worth it? Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Cars gone!!

With buying any car condition is important but being able to prove maintenance is the key. Inspect all the fluids and check for leaks, if its possible get it up on a lift to look under it. Do a test drive, windows up with the radio off. Drive it normally and hard and see how it holds up. Carfax would be nice but there hardly accurate, if it doesn't get claimed it doesn't show up. I see it all the time on used cars at prime. Just cover the bases and know what you're buying.

I still see head gaskets on the newer subarus, non turbo.

Ian Black

that is way more then that car is worth. you can get a wrx for that
Yeah? I kinda thought the same thing but I figured just because of the low miles. I have a feeling i'm not going to be able to find something and am going to have to settle for something I don't want.

Cars gone!!

With buying any car condition is important but being able to prove maintenance is the key. Inspect all the fluids and check for leaks, if its possible get it up on a lift to look under it. Do a test drive, windows up with the radio off. Drive it normally and hard and see how it holds up. Carfax would be nice but there hardly accurate, if it doesn't get claimed it doesn't show up. I see it all the time on used cars at prime. Just cover the bases and know what you're buying.

I still see head gaskets on the newer subarus, non turbo.
Doesn't suprise me in the least bit. I mean I know basically what to look for, but i'm sure there are little things here and there about different cars that you guys have far more knowledge about.

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
Congratulations on your purchase... But holy cow, $10,000 on an RS? (before tax).

I mean if you're happy with it, that's great. Just saying, that's a lot of money for an RS.

Ian Black

Dont settle on buying something when your putting yourself in debt. Get EXACTLY what you want. Just my .2
The issue is I have no credit, and can't make huge monthly payments. So I need to find something that I can pay off relatively quickly, and won't break the bank in gas and other fees. I need a vehicle bad as it's become a hindrance. Basically looking to make monthly payments less than $250 that I can pay off relatively fast.

Congratulations on your purchase... But holy cow, $10,000 on an RS? (before tax).

I mean if you're happy with it, that's great. Just saying, that's a lot of money for an RS.
Aha nah I never purchased it. I was just looking around for something 2003 or newer on a 5 speed and I came up with that.

Ideally my guidelines are 2003 or newer, want it on a 5 speed, if it can be helped a wagon as well.

Ian Black

I'm probably going to have to go through a dealership. At least as far as I know from my bank. It's hard to find WRX's at dealerships. But I mean i've got time for now until the right vehicle comes along.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
My bank allowed me to take a loan for a private sale, definitely something to ask about.

If you have a smartphone, download the cars.com app. It allows you to search price,model,distance from your location.. Pretty snazzy stuff.

Ian Black

My bank allowed me to take a loan for a private sale, definitely something to ask about.

If you have a smartphone, download the cars.com app. It allows you to search price,model,distance from your location.. Pretty snazzy stuff.
I tried to get a personal loan already for $6k but with no credit it wasn't gonna happen aha. I've been using cars.com here and there pretty much just googling local dealerships and looking through inventory.

Latest posts

Back