So I'm in California right now...

Geist

And it's excellent... my first real vacation I've ever taken...

Buuut, it definitley makes me feel like owning a STi is for poor people. :dontknow:

How the hell can people afford so much here!?

The first day, just driving from the car rental to our hotel in Laguna Beach...

Countless porsches as if they were civics, an Aston Martin Vantage, TWO ferrarri f430s, a Maserati, like 6 Bentleys, etc.

Plus there was a little dealership strip, just 3 dealerships next to eachother...

One had bentleys just lined up, the next had lambos, and the next had ferrarris...

Shit's off the hook. I gotta grab a new memory card today, but I'll be trying to snap some pics.

Oh and I also saw a '08 WRB STi, pretty pimp.

leh sigh.. now that we're settled in the actual events shall begin though! :headbang:

ShagginWagon

Nice! I am always amazed in Cali, Atlanta, and NJ how nice the cars are. Especially considering the traffic.

Where are you in California? Could you stuff some 18x8 wheels in your luggage for the flight home?! :bom:

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
It blows my friggen mind too, the money people have outa state. But ya know, all the money doesn't' make up for the countless jackasses and crime. Maine is still a good place to live.

Never seen an Aston around here though. :crybaby2:

runholden

I've been out here in Southern California for 2 years now and it never ceases to amaze me how many people of here have rediculous cars. It really is a cultural thing though...a lot of people out here are in BIG TIME credit debt between their BMW/Merc/Audi, etc. Add to the equation that it's pretty much impossible to get into a house for under $500k and my gf and I still cannot figure out how people get by each month. Heck, combined we make 6-figures easily and we still live in a 1-bedroom apartment, she drives a Dodge Stratus with over 120k miles and I am rocking the Ford Focus (with my twin Team O'Neil Rally School stickers).

It is fun to go over to Huntington or Newport or up to Santa Monica or Laguna Beach and just car watch. Heck, we went to the mall the other weekend and saw a Vantage...The gf was walking next to me talking and the next minute she was gone...When I turned around she was starring at the Aston.

Geist

We're in Laguna right now, but just because we wanted to settle in and take care of the jet lag and shit...

We're heading to La Jolla today for sushi and an aquarium (lol)

Then to San Diego for 3 days, then LA for 3 days... should be good stuff.

I have to go pick up a new memory card for my rebel, we've just been using my GF's powershot, which is good for point and shoot, but pshhh.

I leave you for the day with this. :kiss:

img3227fw4.jpg

runholden

San Diego is great. The Gas Light District is a must as is the Zoo. The beaches between SD and LA are all really nice as well. Newport Beach and Laguna Beach are both pretty cool to visit, but both can be a pain to get to with traffic...as can anywhere else in Southern California. Huntington Beach and Santa Monica are touristy, but potentially worth a visit as well.

The Griffith Observatory is up in LA and worth a visit just for the view...AND the winding canyon roads!!!

Oh, and be prepared for people to complain about the "weather" if it drops below 60 and/or if there is even one, singular cloud in the sky.

And, be prepared for countless white, light-duty pick-ups on the highways. They will be the ones depositing lawn care equipment all over the freeways.

Geist

Hahah yeah I have a friend from the old Honda/Acura forums who lives right here in SD back from when I had a '96 GSR, and I called him yesterday and he said he was freezing his ass off, like wrapped in blankets style, and I was like "Son this is t-shirt weather, grow some."

Yesterday, we trekked into La Jolla, went to the aquarium there, and then ate about $100 worth of sushi at this place called Tadashi, shit was tight.

Last night we ended up going to little italy, which being Italian, makes much more sense about why I'm a fat kid, now. Hah, there were barely any shops, the whole strip is just food food food... even after all of that sushi, we had to stop into Fillipi's and grab some local amber and a torpedo.

Today, we're gonna wait a little longer and see what happens with the weather, still looks a little muggy out, but it's 6 am here, there's not clouds really in sight, though, so hopefully that means good things.

The Zoo and Seaworld are both definitely on the list of things to see either today or tomorrow, and we're gonna have to check out gaslamp for sure. We're going to end up hooking up w/ that friend sometime tonight, I believe as well, and see what the "night life" is all about....

Peace out for now.

Geist

Hit up some SD Zoo and Seaworld action, both were pretty amazing, but the Zoo won it for me big time... loved it.

Also tried to hit up the gaslamp district, but we didn't realize it was like a straight bumpin' and way oversized version of the oldport (my girlfriend isn't 21 yet... doh!) so we had to end up skipping out on it unfortunately.

Here's a decent picture of the Alpha at the zoo, though... haven't had a chance to take care of any adjustments, though, being I'm on my crappy laptop.

alphagm5.jpg

Oh yeah, and I didn't get a picture of it, but we saw an Alpina B7 BMW leaving seaworld... and it was nasty.

Latest posts

Back