sooooo its about that time of year...

Cwazy

cwazy man drivin a subie!
so with snow flakes in the forecast for tomorrow evening
default_blink.png
im stuck looking at my snow brush from my old car and thinking... man oh man that thing is going to scratch the heck out of my shiny black Impreza
default_unsure.png
... so on this note... there has got to be brushes out there that clean snow with out the hard bristles and is paint job friendly... any one have any ideas where I can find such a thing? recommendations? prices? any info at all??? for the first time in my life, I have a car I dont want to scratch all up lol
default_cool.png

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
some have a squeegee as well. You can find it at wal-mart, extends and has ice scraper. Use the squeegee side.

Cwazy

checked out wally world... not much that seem to fit the bill...
default_dry.png
but will definitely look again...

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
hmmm....I'm pretty sure that's where I got mine. it's a yellow telescopic pole, with a scraper/chipper on one side and brush/squeegee on the other. squeegee side works really well too. maybe it was at VIP where I bought it? wasn't more than $20

Jamey

Snow broom best thing I ever got but you'll have get a scraper too for it don't have one

Really the only way to keep from getting scratches is to leave a thin layer of snow and just let it melt while your car warms up. We have a snow broom as well.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I say use an arm or bare hand. Or warm up car till it all falls off (water).

Lolz. Kinda kidding but that's what I do.

Ray

The Northernah'
maybe use one of the brushes that you would use to wash your car in the summer? The bristles are not too stiff.

Rallytech14

im happy to inform you guys that this year I will be attending the sopo parking lot snowy time charades because I am no longer stuck in Boston

weeeeeeeee
default_additional_rallydrive.gif

looking forward to having some fun and learning a lot

Matt

Lol. Southern Maine drift team syndicate!!!! We don't really learn much, just playing in the snow trying not to crash. Our escapades are simply fun in the snow and not trying to be all technical and what not. Well see you out there first sign of snow

Cwazy

I have had brushes scratch the paint... yes indeed... thanks all for the help... will be stopping by some automotive supply stores today to see what I can find! weather man says tomorrow night... 2-4 inches where im at! YAY!!!!
default_cool.png

Ceedubya06

Scooby noobie
we sell these things at Quirks in bangor called snow brooms... its just a telescoping rod with a big square foam thing on it... works pretty good (we use it on all of our mercedes lot cars) and doesn't scratch unless you get dirty snow on it then it might... they're about $20 bucks but if you come into the Mercedes dealer and ask for chris I'll get you one for like $15
default_tongue.png

snowbroom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Iboc_C64

drvsdwz said:
Here's a picture.....

Hey I have one of those, and guess what? With OBP Subaru Paint it scratches the surface up. I recommend using your arm and just push it off. If its frozen on then you better let it melt or dump some warm water on it. Otherwise stock Obsidian Black Pearl Acryllic Paint will scratch up. I only use that snowbrush on my old POS Grand Am because I can hide the scratches on a green car with some wax & polish. Not that I have cared a whole lot since a relative rode down the GA's side with a snowblower.
default_dry.png

Latest posts

Back