Spring ride height

SUBARUGURU

Suba~dude
So I've mixed and matched every part I could to get the ride height down on my 99 Legacy OB. I've got Monroe struts for Legacy with 02 WRX srings and tophats. The front is good but the rear end sits about 1/2 above the tire. I was going to use saggy butt spacers but wondered if anyone knew of a spring that might raise my rear about 3/4. I was told OBS springs from an 02-03. My wheels are 7 1/2 wide Audi TT with 225 45 17 Cooper Zeon RSC-3. I've already rolled the quarter lip and it helped a little but at $150 per tire I'd rather leave the tread on the road and not my quarter panel. I thought about cutting my stock springs but I don't like the idea on struts. Seen to many scary mishaps. Posted looking for stock OBS springs but no replies. I've got an email into Norms but no answer yet. Why would I lower an OB? Because the 98 went up 2 inches and a slammed wagon looks killer. I know coilovers but I already spent the dough on this set up. Ideas?

GClark

At first it sounds like you want to raise your rear, but at the end it sounds like you want to lower your car.  So now I'm confused. Saggy butt spacers will raise the back.  Cutting the springs is a terrible idea.  If you want to be cheap, buy some $400 ricelands.  They lower the car plenty, but aren't high quality. 

SUBARUGURU

Suba~dude
So to avoid the confusion. I lowered my car T00 much. Need to come up in the rear to level it off. WRX springs alone dropped the rear 2 1/2 inches. With stock Legacy springs rear was 27 1/2 to fender lip. With WRX went to 25. Looking for around 26

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Yeah I would use saggy butt spacers. But if you want to add more than 1/2", than you will need to replace the studs with longer bolts, which you can get with the saggy butt spacers. I would use Paranoidfabrications,com They are usually cheaper than others,fast shipping, and great customer service.

SUBARUGURU

Suba~dude
The problem with saggy butt spacers is strut piston travel. With the WRX springs I lost 2 1/2 inches of compression. I will prematurely wear out my brand new struts or blow the seal. I was also told STI springs are more heavy duty but I would need new tophats...again. The Legacy springs that I took out and the WRX springs I put in were the same height. The Legacy springs were roughly 5/8 diameter and WRX 1/2. Huge loss in spring rate. Looks rad...squishy over bumps. So while spacers may be a band-aid they are not the cure

What are you saying Gabe? Just because I squeak when I walk doesn't mean I'm tight

SUBARUGURU

Suba~dude
Maybe Legacy sedan springs with my stock tophats.

Or maybe I'll just drive around with a floorjack under my rear diff. Lol

Latest posts

Back