Spring swap Q's

stainless

Do legacy/forester/Outback springs fit on a 02 Imp TS?

-I am looking for something a BIT stiffer than stock BUT NOT shorter.(at least not up front)

I like the ground clearance in the winter and go camping in the summer and have to deal with a bit of real mild offroad conditions.(SUPER rutted dirt roads)

EvilAsPie

I'm not an expert on 02+, but i know 04 forester rear struts are different then impreza. I'm pretty sure legacy setups are the same (i could totally be wrong). Leg outback/or obs springs of similar years would probably be best. That and a RSB, will make any subie more fun.

SUBARUDE

the only way you can get stiffer springs is to go a little lower like sti or wrx springs or a set of prodrive spring which still lowers a little but by what i've seen lower the least of aftermarket springs

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I was told (somewhere on NASIOC) that Forester STI springs will fit on the Impreza struts. those will be taller and stiffer at the same time.... sounds like fun..
default_frown.gif

SUBARUDE

yes but are they tapered rears like the 04+ impreza's or are they straight up and down like the 02-03 cause the forester sti is newer then an 03

stainless

yes but are they tapered rears like the 04+ impreza's or are they straight up and down like the 02-03 cause the forester sti is newer then an 03
By tapered do you mean Barrel springs? I know that some after market springs are like that(swift springs)?

Just so the top and bottom are the same size that is what matters right?

SUBARUDE

the spring tapers at the top / of the 04+ impreza where 02+03 the spring is just l l straight both the top and bottom of the spring are the same diameter across where the 04+ are not

the stuts are even diff. by a little to at the top to fit the diff. tophat for the spring

stainless

so would i need different top hats and struts?

would that work?

Darn. I just did not want to loose my ground clearance.

I guess 1/2-1/4 inch is not bad though.

How do 02-03 OBS springs differ from stock 02 ts?

or are they the same?

Latest posts

Back