stage II clutch

akinaspeedstar

How much of a job is it to put back in the stock one?

it's cool and all but getting it to play nice in traffic is NOT a good time

R

redlinerally

Do you have a stock clutch in your posession? If so, JMailhot has taken his trans apart like 2 or 3 times now... he's a pro at Clutches by now.
default_biggrin.png
;D

IBtheresgonnabealotoffeedbackonthisone

/Subscribe

/Grab bag of popcorn and watch

Evan

its not a whole lot of fun. most people go at it by removing the exhaust, driveshaft, then dropping the tranny.

akinaspeedstar

runnah you can have that clutch for what ever it costs to put the oem one back in mine. it has an open head gasket recall on it. and im thinking that's an engine out job, so while they have it out i was thinking about having them put the clutch in at the same time. though i could be wrong.

Tony Q

Get a hold of Joel and he might be able to hook up the whole thing. It is atleast worth a phone call.

Runnah

runnah you can have that clutch for what ever it costs to put the oem one back in mine. it has an open head gasket recall on it. and im thinking that's an engine out job, so while they have it out i was thinking about having them put the clutch in at the same time. though i could be wrong.
'

Sounds good, unless it costs a boatload!

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
To change the headgasket you don't have to pull the engine. The LH head is usually the culprit.

the recall is: If it has an EXTERNAL coolant leak, we put Subaru Coolant Conditioner in it and you drive the car for about 1k miles. If it stops, no repair is made. If it is still leaking, we then pull the head and replace the gasket with and updated one. Internal coolant leaks and oil leaks are not covered.

A new clutch disc/pressure plate/ flywheel set lists for $359.97, STM's price is $287.97. Release bearing, list $42.38, sells for $33.90.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
The OE parts have been updated and you must replace them as a matched set. The old #'s are no longer available.

Rightseat

clutch is the kind of job that when you have the trans torn out, it's dumb not to replace everything, cause if you don't, you're too likely to have to go back in sooner than you want.

or just learn to live with Stg II and spend that $$$ on a Team O class!
default_biggrin.png

akinaspeedstar

well is the thing suposed to be as hard as a rock and engage like 2 inches off the floor? my leg starts burning at stop lights from holding the damn thing in. but im guessing that's just the way its gonna be and if it's gonna be that expensive to put it back to stock......... well my left leg is just gonna be huge

Runnah

well is the thing suposed to be as hard as a rock and engage like 2 inches off the floor? my leg starts burning at stop lights from holding the damn thing in. but im guessing that's just the way its gonna be and if it's gonna be that expensive to put it back to stock......... well my left leg is just gonna be huge

Stage 2 is heavy duty, designed for cars with a ton of WHP. So they are generally going to be tougher to engage.

Rightseat

my rally car has a $1200 Exedy Hyperclutch in it, rated for 450whp, and pedal effort is no different than stock.

does your RS have a hydraulic or cable clutch, Akina? If cable, maybe it needs adjoostmont.

to answer your quest of why a fairly stock RS has a STg II clutch, I guess the PO felt that "if some is good, more must be better"

heh, maybe he sold it cause he's weak. >
default_biggrin.png

akinaspeedstar

in 90% sure that it's a hydraulic clutch. i think everything 99+ is but i could be wrong.

it's fine if your just driving, but if you in stop and go it's a bugger. unless theres someway to make the damn thing softer. it's defiantly not like a stock one

Latest posts

Back