sti springs?

internalcombust

I am considering sti springs instead of prodrives, but I am unsure what years will fit on my 03 wagon. Who else is running these what do you think?

R

redlinerally

all years will fit your car.
Told ya.
default_wink.png

Evan

i'm runnin them. they're not a huge change, definetly a subtle mod, both aesthetically and performance wise.

Tony Q

Come over to the dealership on Saturday and drive my car so you can see and feel the ProDrive set before you make up your mind.

R

redlinerally

Gonna be difficult to feel just the springs when you've got that fattie of a bar in the back, short shifter, and a set of Falkens.
default_wink.png

Tony Q

Gonna be difficult to feel just the springs when you've got that fattie of a bar in the back, short shifter, and a set of Falkens.
default_wink.png
I think he might be able to get the jist of what he needs, by driving it. Although it does suck with the snows on though.
default_tongue.png

R

redlinerally

or talk to Vinny. I think he's still trying to get rid of his old ones??

Trevor723

The rear strut tops are different on the 04+ cars. You would need a new/used set of those as well if they're going on to a 03

internalcombust

Thanks, it was the top hat question I needed answered. I should have been more specific. I knew 04+ wrx suspension used different top hats just wasn't sure how the sti stuff translated over. The top hats are an easy swap but to keeep is simple I'll probably go with the prodrives.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
top hats are part of the strut not part of the spring. You will be fine with STI springs if you want to go that route.

internalcombust

Not top hats, upper spring perches. My bad. Lets clear this up. The upper spring perches on 04+ wrxs are different from 02 03, I wasn't sure if the sti springs required using the upper spring perches from an 04+ wrx or sti to work on my buggeye. I am under the impression they are needed. This is no big deal but I can just run the prodrives on my oe setup with no fitment issues. I don't think I was expaining my issue clearly. Its been a long day at work so my heads jumbled. If I am wrong please set me straight, but the prodrives are on my list of must have suspension parts. I need a beer.

Trevor723

Sure about that?

Why do companies offer two different part numbers for 02-03 v. 04+ springs? The top hat is the perch for the top of the spring right?

Not arguing just going off everything that I've read. Do you know what the difference is specifically if it's not how/where the spring rests?

internalcombust

I am no parts wizard, but i believe the 02 03 springs are identical as are the upper spring perches( the part that holds the spring on the strut.) 04+ springs use a different upper spring perch to suit the different spring diameter of the top of the spring. Shorty could probably seal the deal on all of this if he is paying attention.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Sure about that?

Why do companies offer two different part numbers for 02-03 v. 04+ springs? The top hat is the perch for the top of the spring right?

Not arguing just going off everything that I've read. Do you know what the difference is specifically if it's not how/where the spring rests?
Very. The SPT springs (from Subaru) are listed for fittment on: Impreza RS/WRX/STI/OBS 2002+

Latest posts

Back