Stock Market Anyone?

Carter

Administrator
Anyone here dabble in stocks? Not like a 401K or anything but through an online broker like Scottrade or Ameritrade?

grex07

im getting ready to do a cash account with etrade. some co workers are really into it so theyve convinced me to put some money into it.

Carter

Administrator
im getting ready to do a cash account with etrade. some co workers are really into it so theyve convinced me to put some money into it.
Invest wisely only with money you can afford to lose. I've invested all the money I want to invest and I'm doing good. Pretty damn good actually...
default_rolleyes.gif

grex07

im only gonna put like 100 bucks in and see what happens and get used to trading and watching it everyday.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I've had some GE stock since the early 90's. still doing fine. Kick back and don't look at it.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
I thought about doing this. I die just a little every time I open up my quarterly statement for my 401k..and Roth IRA. I 've lost several..again several thousands of dollars. As I'm sure a lot of you guys are in the same boat. BARF
default_rolleyes.gif
Keep us posted please.

Tyler

Anyone here dabble in stocks? Not like a 401K or anything but through an online broker like Scottrade or Ameritrade?
I've always wanted to get into this but I never knew where to start. Care to give me some tips?
default_rolleyes.gif

Carter

Administrator
I've heard ATT, Verizon and Microsoft, are good stocks to invest in, but they just seem to stay at the same price when I look at them, unless they mean preferred stock which is tottally different from common stock.

When you hear warren buffet invests millions into a company via stock, he buys perferreds when most people think he buys commons. If a company goes bankrupt commons can be wiped out, perferreds can't (unless they are convertible)

wzrd

Ive been following the market for a while but cant get to the point where im comfortable enough to invest my money long term.There are a few sites were you can practice your market strategy with out investing your cash.Good luck..With the dow at aprox 8000 there no place but up
default_tongue.png
right?

Mark

There are a few sites were you can practice your market strategy with out investing your cash.Good luck..With the dow at aprox 8000 there no place but up
default_tongue.png
right?
any advice on which sites? sounds like fun and a good trial run

Carter

Administrator
Ive been following the market for a while but cant get to the point where im comfortable enough to invest my money long term.There are a few sites were you can practice your market strategy with out investing your cash.Good luck..With the dow at aprox 8000 there no place but up
default_tongue.png
right?
apple is a good stock, I wish i never sold it..

As of yesterday my current stocks are up 350% since september.
default_smile.png

Ty Ty

I only fiddle with mutual funds using Fidelity.

I do have stock investment in Kimberly Clark and Best Buy however. Best Buy is actually lower than what I bought it for at my employee discounted rate. KC is a slow and steady climber.

Latest posts

Back