stock turbo boost

subaruwrx02

how much boost can i run on stock internals comfortably and how would i get sumone to tune it up?? i plan on gettin a boost gauge

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Probably not safe to run over 20psi for too long. I know people do it, but I wouldn't want to be too much over that on stock motor. You can either buy a Cobb Accessport, or have it protuned

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Just get a downpipe, (upipe too since you have a catted 02 up) exhaust, and a stage 2 ECU re-tune from XPT or Cobb.

Don't go any further then that unless you plan to actually do a ton of homework and read pages and pages of how other people built up their cars, otherwise you'll just get yourself in trouble up ess creak without a paddle.

If I'm wrong, someone who actually drives a turbo car will correct me... I'm just parroting back what I've read, too busy racing in the dirt :shrugs:

Nate

Founding Father
By just cranking up the boost, you are only going to see minimal gains without more work. There is much more to making the car go faster then just adding a manual boost controller and cranking it up.

You shouldn't need to worry about hurting the internals with too much boost at this point. If you crank it up too high you will just pop your turbo first. Your stock turbo isn't good for much more then 17-18psi (and the right tuning to go with it).

Latest posts

Back