Storyland 4/28 - 4/29

Mighty Subie

So to keep frong having to mess with the pages and pages of stuff on the 2007 autoX thread... here's one so i can see all the stuff i missed out on due to work.... damn 70hr work weeks grr. so post up on here about this weekend

ruggedman

Just got home and showered.

Storyland was wet, challenging, and fun!!!

pics coming soon.

;D
Get any of #80? ;D I'm so friggen tired after all that driving, tire changing, and late night drinking. If you weren't there you missed one of our best events despite the weird weather.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Just got home, The EZ-Up top and rain walls are in the dryer.

The drain plug in the miotter is out and draining the pool I aptly named trunk :
default_wink.png

I got beat by .3XX seconds by one of the best drivers I know....

and the food was awesome! Thanks for the Chicken and muffins Tim 'n Meg!

ruggedman

Just got home, The EZ-Up top and rain walls are in the dryer.

The drain plug in the miotter is out and draining the pool I aptly named trunk :
default_wink.png

I got beat by .3XX seconds by one of the best drivers I know....

and the food was awesome! Thanks for the Chicken and muffins Tim 'n Meg!
How'd you end up doing today? I didnt get a chance to see any of your times except for the last ones when i was announcing...but they were in the downpour.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
How did everyone do? We gonna see some stats posted here? Hopefully Akinaspeedster didn't break anything...
default_wink.png
I ended up with a 55.9XX Clean, I had a 54.8xx with a cone (they counted three when the slalom cone punted all of the pointers)

I did get a 57 in the rain tho!

akinaspeedstar

great weekend. learned a lot. and mike i didn't break a thing... just screwed a wheel bearing it feels like. if its not one thing its another on that car haha. i was 2 seconds off my goal for sat, and 9tenths off my goal for sunday.

ruggedman

How did everyone do? We gonna see some stats posted here? Hopefully Akinaspeedster didn't break anything...
default_wink.png
I ended up with a 55.9XX Clean, I had a 54.8xx with a cone (they counted three when the slalom cone punted all of the pointers)

I did get a 57 in the rain tho!
So we split. You were faster day one. I was faster day two (55.8XX). All of my friggen runs were in the rain today except my 55 :
default_biggrin.png
that 57 of yours in the rain is very subiesque. You sure you dont have your WRX drivetrain in there? ;D
default_biggrin.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I really have to do some shocks on the miotter. I was having a hard time not looping it coming down the hill. and I was dorifto on the Augusta rotary.

and my last run I botched it in the top lot and got a 102 or so
default_wink.png

ralli

Geez what a process in learning to drive a heavy AWD monster relative to my tiny lightweight FWD cars. It was very fun though :)

Took first in STX on Sat but then prexz25rs switched over to run with me in STX and trounced me I ended up 3rd. Jim I think won the class with his SER. I did run some fairly quick times.. but had cones. There is hope though :) I can't wait to develop the car some more.

I'll also be on not so dead tires (just slightly dead lmao) at the next event... I should have the STI springs on, and I'm working on selling the idea that we need some sway bars (I think its working)

ruggedman

Geez what a process in learning to drive a heavy AWD monster relative to my tiny lightweight FWD cars. It was very fun though :)

Took first in STX on Sat but then prexz25rs switched over to run with me in STX and trounced me I ended up 3rd. Jim I think won the class with his SER. I did run some fairly quick times.. but had cones. There is hope though :) I can't wait to develop the car some more.

I'll also be on not so dead tires (just slightly dead lmao) at the next event... I should have the STI springs on, and I'm working on selling the idea that we need some sway bars (I think its working)
I've got to seriously investigate the potential for koni inserts and a fsb. I haven't fully tapped what i've got now, but i just want more!!! >
default_wink.png
>
default_biggrin.png
8)

EvilAsPie

My times were nothing to talk about. even though i did beat akina.
default_wink.png

I only hit one cone all weekend.

After having a couple excellent drivers ride with me, taking a couple of rides in other cars, and watching some videos of myself vs. other subies. I know where i can improve.

I'm not even close to driving my car to its potential, especially with all the upgrades it has! This is my first committed season and i can't wait to get out there and improve.

Oh, and here are some pics. These are just raw shots from both days, no cropping, nothing. I have a ton of movies that i will have up and grab some pics out of.

A lot of these were taken before i could put any screen names to real names to cars to car numbers, so they are mostly mike, me and some other subarus.

Enjoy!

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
In order:

Asspie

Xrocket21(on Nasioc dunno what his name is on here)

Speedpants

Speedpants

Ralli (Antonio)

asspie

pants

pants

me

wrx_06sti (Tim)

no idea

no idea

pants

prez25rs

Here are a few pics I took.. I try to do the blurry background thing but i r suck at photography.

I also have some fun video like James drifting the rotary (the black sti with trunk monkey)

478378838_753a0db5f5_o.jpg

478381832_4a75ecefe2_o.jpg

478381784_1f6b8dc473_o.jpg

478400245_fcc231f797_o.jpg

478400103_14cf551451_o.jpg

478387278_332952d18d_o.jpg

478387242_07e34d64f7_o.jpg

I have other pics of odd numbered drivers. Gimme your # and ill see if i have any

prez25rs

As for a racing recap. The year of the subaru has begun!!! Subaru won A stock, D stock, BSP, STX and STU on saturday i think. And on sunday subaru took A and D stock, STU. I could be wrong there. I should have had STX on sunday :'( But by the looks of things and antonios coming mods I'll have to settle for 2nd next race. This was probably my 10th autox and i finally felt some improvement on my driving. Ran a 56.4xx on sunday, but evens only had one dry run. My 57.8xx on the wet course in the morning was a better run. I wish it stayed wet because that was like the 4th fastest time of the morning evens.

Latest posts

Back