Storyland Autocross

ruggedman

whynogo?
i saw the tail end of sunday. couple cool miata spin outs and a lotus running around. overall definately a cool course that I wish i was prepared to run in.
Taking some time away from it. Want to do more biking/hiking this summer and less driving.
default_smile.png

Evan

hey i have pics too, go figure.

DSC_0679R.jpg

DSC_0661R.jpg

DSC_0654R.jpg

DSC_1541R-1.jpg

DSC_0906R.jpg

DSC_0747R.jpg

DSC_0757R.jpg

DSC_0803R.jpg

DSC_0809R.jpg

DSC_0833R.jpg

This hawk was out all day, over the food table.

DSC_0942R.jpg

DSC_0965R.jpg

DSC_0986R.jpg

DSC_1001R.jpg

DSC_1030R.jpg

DSC_1116R.jpg

DSC_1231R.jpg

DSC_1292R.jpg

DSC_1305R.jpg

DSC_1398R.jpg

DSC_1412R.jpg

DSC_1454R.jpg

DSC_1505R-1.jpg

DSC_1737R.jpg

DSC_1742R.jpg

DSC_1743R.jpg

DSC_1757R.jpg

theres more in the autos section of my website from the last couple years. hopefully this year i'll have a chance to make it to more events.

Evan

tanks kat.

anyone have a contact to the beetle driver? the girl with them asked me for the photos but her email address isn't working.

EvilAsPie

Wow Evan. I saw you there and was dieing to see the shots you got. Fantastic as always!

Many Thanks!

Ever want to do a photo shoot of our RS?

inski

Excellent.

Now I really regret missing it. It would have been cool just to spectate. Lots of groovy lookin rigs!

Ok, how did you get the back ground blurry and fore ground crispy clear? Short focus? Its like the back ground was going 100mph, and the cars weren't moving.

Evan

panning the camera with the subject as the photo is taken. its tricky. shots like the audi tt showed turning motion as well because i was following the front corner as it turned to the right while the back was staying in place.

-----Added 5/3/2009 at 09:52:34-----

Wow Evan. I saw you there and was dieing to see the shots you got. Fantastic as always!
Many Thanks!

Ever want to do a photo shoot of our RS?
i'll post up when i'm coming to the next auto-x, clean up the rs and i'll snap a few of it there if you'd like.

topdeeni

lol autocross...its like the special olympics....everyone gets a ribbon!!

i thought about going, there is a hampton inn near by that makes racing cheap
default_additional_gmb.gif

rofl.... wait... I thought the special olympics was reserved for people who argue with other people on the internet.

-----Added 5/4/2009 at 06:32:41-----

Excellent.Now I really regret missing it. It would have been cool just to spectate. Lots of groovy lookin rigs!

Ok, how did you get the back ground blurry and fore ground crispy clear? Short focus? Its like the back ground was going 100mph, and the cars weren't moving.

perhaps the camera's Macro setting would allow for that....

EvilAsPie

i'll post up when i'm coming to the next auto-x, clean up the rs and i'll snap a few of it there if you'd like.
That would be cool! The next we are planning to make is May 31st at the Jetport lot. The first Mall event is on Father's Day, so not sure if we'll make that one.

Evan

perhaps the camera's Macro setting would allow for that....
panning the camera with the subject as the photo is taken. its tricky. shots like the audi tt showed turning motion as well because i was following the front corner as it turned to the right while the back was staying in place.
ps, pics are from sunday and i'll probably be at that jetport event if all works out well.

Evan

i usually make it up to NEFR, but its a lot of driving around for pretty little action. the rally-xs are better about having more (slower) action in one place, but most of the rally-x's are too far. CT? no thanks. maybe union.

storyland is the one far auto-x i go to, but i like the area and north conway, so its worth it. i think the only auto-xs i'm gonna go to for the rest of the season are the mall/jetport/llbean ones within 20 min of me.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
your point about the ratio of driving distance to spectator action at NEFR is well taken. It's also something the new organizing team is determined to do something about this year. They are working on some really cool new stage roads with connector roads in between so the speccies can see several action spots without too much wandering in the wilderness.

stay tuneded for more details as they firm up.

ReZPunK

i heard something you might call a rumor about giving spectators route books like the rallyists get, to get them from here to there and back again,

i think that would be an awesome idea.

Latest posts

Back