Studded General Altimax Arctic Snow Tires & 17" STEEL Wheels - 5x114.3 & 205/50R17

blehhh

Studded General Altimax Arctic Snow Tires & 17" Steel Wheels - 5x114.3 & 205/50R17. Mounted and balanced.

http://www.tirerack....tnum=05QR7AMAXA

Phenomenal snow tire. Very minimal tread wear, practically brand new, to be honest. They were used for two winters on my Mazda 3 that sat in the driveway all week long as I walked to work. Car was an absolute tank when it did see snow however. Selling them because I bought my WRX this summer and it has a different tire size and lug pattern, so I couldn't reuse them. Went out and bought a whole new set that fit my WRX.

I can provide pictures if necessary. (I live in Westbrook, but the tires are up in Freedom in the hands of my hometown mechanic at the moment.)

Make me an offer.

FWIW, here's a pic of the new ones on my WRX
default_smile.png
My old one's look identical to this.

65006_10100761494875019_1300934122_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
it is the sti bolt pattern, however, not sure if steel wheels would clear brembos, that and the tires are a little too small, unfortunately...

blehhh

Yeah, these were purchased to fit the stock wheels on my 2010 Mazda 3, and to "save money in the long run", I bought the steel wheels and ran them for one season. Bough the WRX this summer, found out it had a different lug pattern, tried to mount the tires on the stock wheels but the 8" wheels were way too wide for a 205, so lots of wasted time and effort there. Bought a whole new set of 235s and will be keeping them on the stock wheels.

trm

If you had a set of 08 17" wheels these fit & are the recommended smaller width for winter (at least at tirerack.com). I just mounted a set of these, minus the studs on my 08 WRX winter beaters. Only drove one day on them so far but they are pretty quiet for snows. At tirerack.com they are $530 shipped just for the tires, plus $60 for studs, & whatever the wheels are worth.

blehhh

If you had a set of 08 17" wheels these fit & are the recommended smaller width for winter (at least at tirerack.com). I just mounted a set of these, minus the studs on my 08 WRX winter beaters. Only drove one day on them so far but they are pretty quiet for snows. At tirerack.com they are $530 shipped just for the tires, plus $60 for studs, & whatever the wheels are worth.
Thanks for the input, trm. The 205s were certainly tolerable for noise in the Mazda 3. I think I paid $60-70 each for the steelies. This 17" setup is probably a bit more expensive than a 16" setup, but it handles significantly better, and keeps the floaty feeling of snows in check.

My new 235 studded Arctics, (plus all of the drivetrain mods,) make my WRX sound like a diesel locomotive at 75mph lol. Plenty quiet at 65mph though, and they actually make this awesome intake-like 'woosh' sound when you're accelerating in the wet,(throws tons of water against the splash guards I think...?) I thought I had a boost leak for a second!

Latest posts

Back